F&B chains go back to 2-person dine-in limit, regardless of vaccination status

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sin...d-15247604

Food and beverage establishments “have the flexibility to decide” whether to introduce the vaccination-differentiated group sizes, said MOH on Friday.

Checks by CNA showed that McDonald’s, Burger King, KFC, Subway, Long John Silver’s, Toast Box, Carl’s Jr and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf will keep to a two-person dine-in limit, citing the recent rise in COVID-19 cases and the risk of transmission. The restaurants made the announcements on their social media pages.

Most said that they planned to keep the two-person limit until Aug 8, when the current restrictions are expected to last until.

Under the tightened COVID-19 restrictions in place from Jul 19 to Aug 8, food and beverage outlets can host groups of up to five people if everyone in the group is fully vaccinated.

Groups with unvaccinated people are limited to two people for dining-in.

Why they go against the policy of the PAP ministers ?

Are our ministers wrong ?
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(19-07-2021, 12:46 PM)forum456 Wrote:  Why they go against the policy of the PAP ministers ?

The revised dine in rule is much more easier than the over complicated rules. For Mac outlets they have staff stationed to do all necessary checks.  Big Grin

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

No machine to QR your cert. Give them a month or two, will be everywhere. Maybe next TT token will incorporate your jab cert.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

yesterday was so crowded, can’t find a seat at foodcourt during lunch time.

(19-07-2021, 03:32 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  No machine to QR your cert. Give them a month or two, will be everywhere. Maybe next TT token will incorporate your jab cert.

like that how to enforce? every store should have a staff standing at entrance checking people’s phones. Sad

(19-07-2021, 03:43 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  
(19-07-2021, 03:32 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  No machine to QR your cert. Give them a month or two, will be everywhere. Maybe next TT token will incorporate your jab cert.

like that how to enforce? every store should have a staff standing at entrance checking people’s phones. Sad
Like you want hire more foreign traxhes .... be patience a bit, all these can be automated but need time to set up.

Anyway, if you jabbed, nothing to worry just wait. Now that India variant black fungus is everywhere in SG, at least I know my jab can protect me a bit .... better than running around naked

They are lazy to check the Vacination certificate. So they limit to 2, then no need to check.

If you want to dine in for more than 2, to max 5, then you have to bring your vaccination certificate

(19-07-2021, 03:47 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  
(19-07-2021, 03:43 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  like that how to enforce? every store should have a staff standing at entrance checking people’s phones. Sad
Like you want hire more foreign traxhes .... be patience a bit, all these can be automated but need time to set up.

Anyway, if you jabbed, nothing to worry just wait. Now that India variant black fungus is everywhere in SG, at least I know my jab can protect me a bit .... better than running around naked

Be careful lah, the recent bad news from Britain, Israel and the US tells us Pfizer vaccine is less effective against Delta variant, many newly infected people are fully vaccinated what. Dodgy Confused Shy

fastfood joints their tables are mainly 2s & 4s. make sense to do so.

zichar/chinese restaurant den headache.. their tables are for >4.

(19-07-2021, 03:57 PM)klat Wrote:  They are lazy to check the Vacination certificate. So they limit to 2, then no need to check.

If you want to dine in for more than 2, to max 5, then you have to bring your vaccination certificate

actually it is very easy, they dunt have to check if the group is small (1-2 persons), only check when a large group of people like 3-5 persons want to go in Big Grin

(19-07-2021, 12:46 PM)forum456 Wrote:  Why they go against the policy of the PAP ministers ?

The vaccine differentiated group size is too complicated lah. Still need extra manpower to check who's vaccinated and who's not.

(19-07-2021, 04:01 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  
(19-07-2021, 03:47 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Like you want hire more foreign traxhes .... be patience a bit, all these can be automated but need time to set up.

Be careful lah, the recent bad news from Britain, Israel and the US tells us Pfizer vaccine is less effective against Delta variant, many newly infected people are fully vaccinated what. Dodgy Confused Shy

Well at least I have less effective, better than no effective. My friend in JKT got CoVid mild symptoms because he had 1 jab. Waiting for his 2nd. I believe in jab will protect me from ICU

(19-07-2021, 04:09 PM)winbig Wrote:  

The vaccine differentiated group size is too complicated lah. Still need extra manpower to check who's vaccinated and who's not.

Actually no need extra if automated and online. Example, online booking of cinema can link with our national jab system. Those NRIC in the system will check with jab system to verify.

Once verified, you can proceed to buy the ticket for the vaccinated group.

Same for airline tickets ......