Faith in Singapore Leaders Hit by Record Covid Wave, Poll Shows

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/faith-in-sin...-1.1690025
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

Institute of Policy used to be under Goh CT. Now . . .I didn't follow- up, liao.

But I am sure it is still under PAP. So it means that the poll is not accurate, and the results tweaked.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

Should be less than 53%. More likely 35%. They see reverse order

Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Gstalk's post

Bullshit poll lah...

You involved or not? I involved or not? No right?

Chey!
[+] 2 users Like Sentinel's post

Pap full of lies, ppl confidence in them should be below 50% at the very least.
[+] 3 users Like joyce_tay's post

(02-12-2021, 08:22 PM)joyce_tay Wrote:  Pap full of lies, ppl confidence in them should be below 50% at the very least.

With this Covid-19 saga, many will not trust the MIW anymore.... crying
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

(02-12-2021, 08:25 PM)debono Wrote:  With this Covid-19 saga, many will not trust the MIW anymore.... crying
Yes, now you know why miw can only attract crooks like Yang yin, Leonard kannan and De beers wang jun tian.

[Image: de-beers-wong-tian-jun.jpg]

[Image: 20180702-16-49-58-IMG-0885-HCA3.jpg]

[Image: yang-3.jpg]

Govt is slowly depleting the trust and goodwill accumulated since LKY times.. Trust/goodwill account hitting 0 value soon..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 2 users Like ArielCasper's post

Rotfl
[+] 1 user Likes babygirl's post

I am sure all adults with ability to think, will not agree with the poll.

Let us recall their cha- cha dance in the past half a year.

[Image: image-6487327.jpg]

Win the World but lost your Soul. 
[+] 2 users Like Symmetry's post

Singaporeans’ trust in their government’s ability to manage Covid-19 fell as community cases soared when the worst wave hit early last month, according to the Institute of Policy Studies.

The survey showed the proportion of people who believed the authorities had shown good political leadership fell to a low of 53% during Oct. 28 to Nov. 1, compared to around 70% in the July to early September period, results released Thursday showed. It has since improved to almost 60%. Older respondents were more likely to be disgruntled, amid constant reminders to vaccinate and avoid social gatherings, according to the survey.

“As Singapore carefully plans its next moves and learns to live with the virus, it must also balance the diverse needs of different groups with the overall needs of society,” the survey said. The IPS polled about 500 people during specific periods of the country’s pandemic journey, such as when stricter measures were introduced to counter the virus spread.

The study also showed that those who trust the government’s ability to lead Singapore in a post-pandemic world fell to almost 60% in the most recent period, over the July-to-November survey. Still, around 70% believed the country would win the fight against Covid-19. About 80% of respondents were satisfied about how authorities have kept the healthcare system running, the highest score in a category that polled sentiments toward communications, borders and other policy areas.

Singapore faces the challenge of reopening its economy as the omicron variant throws another curve ball into the virus fight. The ruling People’s Action Party, which turned in its weakest parliamentary performance during last year’s general elections, is also dealing with what has turned out to be its most complicated succession planning process.

Reopening, Social Measures

While infections in Singapore have stabilized since an all-time high in late October, the government has kept in place several social distancing measures such as mandatory mask wearing and limitations on gatherings. More recently, it said it would pause on further social easing and border reopening as a precaution against the omicron variant.

In the IPS survey, respondents were presented two options -- a slow opening if Singapore wishes to keep the Covid-19 death rate to about two per day versus a faster opening that could mean a daily death rate of about six or seven cases. At least 80% felt that Singapore should have a slower reopening with fewer deaths.

In addition, nearly 70% of those polled felt that the government should make vaccination compulsory for all Singaporeans and long-term residents. Slightly more than half felt positive about having differentiated rules for those who are vaccinated and those who aren’t, the survey showed.

©2021 Bloomberg L.P.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Strongly agree with majority of sporeans we are opening too fast .

(02-12-2021, 08:46 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Singaporeans’ trust in their government’s ability to manage Covid-19 fell as community cases soared when the worst wave hit early last month, according to the Institute of Policy Studies.

The survey showed the proportion of people who believed the authorities had shown good political leadership fell to a low of 53% during Oct. 28 to Nov. 1, compared to around 70% in the July to early September period, results released Thursday showed. It has since improved to almost 60%. Older respondents were more likely to be disgruntled, amid constant reminders to vaccinate and avoid social gatherings, according to the survey.

“As Singapore carefully plans its next moves and learns to live with the virus, it must also balance the diverse needs of different groups with the overall needs of society,” the survey said. The IPS polled about 500 people during specific periods of the country’s pandemic journey, such as when stricter measures were introduced to counter the virus spread.

The study also showed that those who trust the government’s ability to lead Singapore in a post-pandemic world fell to almost 60% in the most recent period, over the July-to-November survey. Still, around 70% believed the country would win the fight against Covid-19. About 80% of respondents were satisfied about how authorities have kept the healthcare system running, the highest score in a category that polled sentiments toward communications, borders and other policy areas.

Singapore faces the challenge of reopening its economy as the omicron variant throws another curve ball into the virus fight. The ruling People’s Action Party, which turned in its weakest parliamentary performance during last year’s general elections, is also dealing with what has turned out to be its most complicated succession planning process.

Reopening, Social Measures

While infections in Singapore have stabilized since an all-time high in late October, the government has kept in place several social distancing measures such as mandatory mask wearing and limitations on gatherings. More recently, it said it would pause on further social easing and border reopening as a precaution against the omicron variant. 

In the IPS survey, respondents were presented two options -- a slow opening if Singapore wishes to keep the Covid-19 death rate to about two per day versus a faster opening that could mean a daily death rate of about six or seven cases. At least 80% felt that Singapore should have a slower reopening with fewer deaths.

In addition, nearly 70% of those polled felt that the government should make vaccination compulsory for all Singaporeans and long-term residents. Slightly more than half felt positive about having differentiated rules for those who are vaccinated and those who aren’t, the survey showed.

©2021 Bloomberg L.P.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

up to them to say
no way to verify the accuracy.
therefore do not read too much on this rubbish survey.
read then  del
[+] 2 users Like talky's post

is up to them to say how many % no way for u to verify get the proper accurarcy

(02-12-2021, 08:46 PM)Symmetry Wrote:  I am sure all adults with ability to think, will not agree with the poll.

Let us recall their cha- cha dance in the past half a year.

[Image: image-6487327.jpg]

Excuses and more excuses..... Angry
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(02-12-2021, 07:30 PM)Gstalk Wrote:  Should be less than 53%. More likely 35%. They see reverse order

53% election result is good enough to see them lose more than one third of the seats.

Must have faith in their leadership. Hey, the majority 61% voted for the incumbent. Can't be that the majority is wrong lah.

Even a dead clock (analog) reads the time right twice a day. So our leaders surely have the covid under control and the people's support will be there.

Love Singapore is objective, hate everything else is subjectively. Cheers..

(02-12-2021, 09:45 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  53% election result is good enough to see them lose more than one third of the seats.

This is what you desire, but there are many more who would like the status quo.  Only thing is that in the next GE, their votes will wane, and that the opposition can get a one-third votes and be elected into parliament.... Laughing

(02-12-2021, 10:45 PM)debono Wrote:  This is what you desire, but there are many more who would like the status quo.  Only thing is that in the next GE, their votes will wane, and that the opposition can get a one-third votes and be elected into parliament.... Laughing

It is not my desire, it is their result of their performances.

Faith? Better word should be Trust.

I doubt the oppositions will win one third of the seats in next election. Everything will remain status quo, judging from past events.

Singapore doing well
She forgets to read the History book.
It is closing closing down....China lost
There simply no mony.....a mirage

Did anyone do that survey? Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"