Fake agent, forged letter of intent: Man loses $6,700 in Toa Payoh rental scam

Fake agent, forged letter of intent: Man loses $6,700 in Toa Payoh rental scam

Read more đź“Ť https://bit.ly/3Gm4VFz

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates.
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

I keep getting SMS from agent so call from propnex dam zzzz block one another come

so I keep blocking till now no call sms from them.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Even this kind of thread Wumao will turn into income opportunity.

Not related to Indian jobs will bring in Indian jobs.
[+] 1 user Likes kelhot2001's post

(06-01-2023, 06:50 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Fake agent, forged letter of intent: Man loses $6,700 in Toa Payoh rental scam

Read more đź“Ť https://bit.ly/3Gm4VFz

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates.

himself kumgong for not verify with the property company.

pay money BEFORE the viewing?

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(06-01-2023, 09:23 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  himself kumgong for not verify with the property company.

Yes, the victim should get verification from the property company.  But everything seems ligit therefore the victim was not aware he is being duped......... crying

(06-01-2023, 09:23 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  himself kumgong for not verify with the property company.

the $6700 should be paid to the landlord.

(06-01-2023, 10:01 PM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  the $6700 should be paid to the landlord.

But this amount had gone into the property agent's pocket........ Angry

(06-01-2023, 09:42 PM)debono Wrote:  Yes, the victim should get verification from the property company.  But everything seems ligit therefore the victim was not aware he is being duped......... crying

Actually, the victim should first meet the agent and then view the unit together.  He is really unwise to just transfer the money without meeting the agent or viewing the unit beforehand.  Dumb.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(06-01-2023, 11:13 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Actually, the victim should first meet the agent and then view the unit together.  He is really unwise to just transfer the money without meeting the agent or viewing the unit beforehand.  Dumb.

Hope he learned his lesson............. crying

(06-01-2023, 11:15 PM)debono Wrote:  Hope he learned his lesson............. crying

Nornally when one comes across a listing.  He will call the agent and then they will meet up to go view the unit together.  The agent will present his name card and his ID badge for verification purposes.  One can also check online after that too.

Nobody in their right minds (oh okay, save for really dumb folks) will just sign an LOI and pay so much money without viewing the actual unit or meeting the agent concerned.  Fools deserve to part with their money Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

An LOI is a preliminary agreement by a tenant to lease a landlord’s property, as well as the latter’s acknowledgment.

"It had chops and everything," Lim said, adding that the document looked legitimate.

To be safe, he said he did his due diligence and looked up the agent, company and license before proceeding with the deal.

"I did my background checks and everything. I asked my friends who worked in the same company and they said this was a [legitimate] agent," Lim elaborated.

(06-01-2023, 11:26 PM)theold Wrote:  An LOI is a preliminary agreement by a tenant to lease a landlord’s property, as well as the latter’s acknowledgment.

"It had chops and everything," Lim said, adding that the document looked legitimate.

To be safe, he said he did his due diligence and looked up the agent, company and license before proceeding with the deal.

"I did my background checks and everything. I asked my friends who worked in the same company and they said this was a [legitimate] agent," Lim elaborated.

Where this victim failed is that he paid up without even viewing the unit or the agent.  The credentials, LOI and name card of course seem valid when viewed online becos it is through impersonation.  But if he had met up to view the unit, if it was a bogus unit, would the bogus agent even be able to show the unit and walked him through the house?  If the bogus agent even dared to show up, how could his agent name card and imposter face be the same?

Dumb people deserve to lose their money so they will be wiser next round.  They should also not breed Big Grin

Come to think of it, the way he said he did his due digligence, I think the joker is working for Temasek Laughing

Nice titties Big Grin