Family moves into new home, falls sick from high levels of formaldehyde in furniture

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/family...-furniture

He doesn't know that the they shouldn't move in right after renovation? I thought this is common knowledge.

Ignore List: Oyk

(23-06-2024, 11:50 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  He doesn't know that the they shouldn't move in right after renovation? I thought this is common knowledge.

The formaldehyde levels are way too high. Even if he moved in a month later, the family will still fall sick.

This incident was reported in Zaobao for several days.

Sue the contractor till pants drop.

The reno company is very unprofessional. The affected furniture should be replaced immediately and the issue will be solved. Doing things like trying to remove the formaldehyde, arranging temporary accommodation etc just ends up driving up the cost.

(23-06-2024, 11:57 AM)Levin Wrote:  The formaldehyde levels are way too high. Even if he moved in a month later, the family will still fall sick.

This incident was reported in Zaobao for several days.

I won't even move in one month later. For me I'll wait for 3 months, and I'll put an air purifier there for a while.

Ignore List: Oyk

(23-06-2024, 12:09 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I won't even move in one month later. For me I'll wait for 3 months, and I'll put an air purifier there for a while.

Even 3 months, they will still be sick. 60 times permitted level is no joke.

The reno company first day in business? Or they switch to a new type of glue?

[Image: IMG-20240623-122358.jpg]

Anyway snake plant is an excellent natural air purifier. But not strong enough for this case

Adhesive used?