UK stats tell us what happen if cases keep rising....

Based on latest
Quote:For example in unvaccinated people over the age of 50, 6.5% of cases resulted in death compared to 2% of fully vaccinated over-50-year-olds.

Although vaccine reduce deaths it is no perfect unlike other types of disease where vaccination can reduce deaths to near zero.

2% of over 50 die when they get covid. This is not small. If we let the disease spread Singapore has let's say 2.5M 2% is 50 thousand people from this group.

As vaccine effectiveness decline the number is going to rise above 2% until booster shots are used.

The idea of letting numbers increase has to result in U-turn and restrictions at some point in time.

The rapid rise in numbers means we have a hard choice. But looking at the potential lost of lives, we have no choice but to bring back restrictions soon.

When vaccines were rolled out few expect them to perform so poorly especially after Delta came along. Also, the fading effectiveness seem to be something recently discovered.

We are now not far from where we started. Vaccination appears to mitigate but not solve the problem.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.