Firms will soon ‘feel the pressure’ to upskill workers, SkillsFuture credit

Firms will soon ‘feel the pressure’ to upskill workers, SkillsFuture credit top-up will help them do that: DPM Wong 

"Individuals will know where the better employers are... and the ones who don’t change will feel the pressure, hopefully through market competition to (boost) their human resource practices, improve their employment practices and support their staff in training," Mr Lawrence Wong said.  

🔗 https://tdy.sg/3SUAEUW 

@todayonlinesg

He's either very naive or he thinks we are.

Ignore List: Oyk
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

this square face got a square brain.. he shd upgrade his brain..with the skillfuture before he loss his job..

his election result just barely over 60%..

if TCB come here to yew tee he dies.
[+] 1 user Likes victortan's post

SM pressure, lah?

His own Stat Boards/ GLCs are never asked to attend any trainings

He thinks Foreign MNCs will be bothered to listen to him??

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

What's there to upgrade for retrenched jiakliaobees?

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post

Did not answer the question at all

Boss will want cheaper faster and better workers, so cheaper is the 1st criteria, not better.

So, this is going to fail.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 3 users Like ArielCasper's post

(21-02-2024, 10:26 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  He's either very naive or he thinks we are.

Every company that I have ever worked for in the private sector would rather retrench than spend money to upskill its workforce.

(22-02-2024, 01:26 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Boss will want cheaper faster and better workers, so cheaper is the 1st criteria, not better. So, this is going to fail.

Better than S'poreans? Definitely not! Cheaper than locals? Not always the case! 

[Image: Ceca.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

It will only work if Dead Dragon announce the reduction of FTs and PRs

gradually every year for the next 10 years

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post