Flexi-work guidelines not enough to return to the labour force,

Flexi-work guidelines not enough to return to the labour force, caregivers say https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...or-4352321

Did 5 Ministries and 5 GLCs take the lead for their own policy?

Even though all employers in S'pore must have a process in place to allow staff to ask for flexi-work arrangements come Dec, companies may reject such requests. Guidelines are not laws, and so are easier for employers to turn down owing to business concerns. With companies striving for greater productivity i.e. to do more with less manpower, how can most employers make exceptions for individuals who may be seen as not pulling their weight in the organisation? 

I support WFH and lok forward for more flexibility.

(25-05-2024, 10:04 AM)FangFang Wrote:  I support WFH and lok forward for more flexibility.

I used to WFH 1 or 2 days a week, but found myself isolated from my colleagues. My car was also depreciating in the parking lot at home on those WFH days, so I decided to return to the office every weekday.

(25-05-2024, 09:41 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Even though all employers in S'pore must have a process in place to allow staff to ask for flexi-work arrangements come Dec, companies may reject such requests. Guidelines are not laws, and so are easier for employers to turn down owing to business concerns. With companies striving for greater productivity i.e. to do more with less manpower, how can most employers make exceptions for individuals who may be seen as not pulling their weight in the organisation? 

Such utterly meaningless talk when their guide is so vague driving complacency. A great disappointment under the weak Lee HL regime. At least set 2 categories for employees to make such request ie handicap child, elderly parents above 70 years old where the approval/ disapproval copies are collected by MOM.

(25-05-2024, 10:52 AM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  Such utterly meaningless talk when their guide is so vague driving complacency. A great disappointment under the weak Lee HL regime. At least set 2 categories for employees to make such request ie handicap child, elderly parents above 70 years old where the approval/ disapproval copies are collected by MOM.

The Pappies have always labelled themselves pro-business which means they are pro-employers.

Very few implementing if it does not bring financial benefits.
More practical is introducing more part-time jobs.
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

(25-05-2024, 10:56 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The Pappies have always labelled themselves pro-business which means they are pro-employers.

Pay And Pay is not practicing what it preaches on productivity: it has a PM and 2 DPMs. That's 3 Ministers doing the job of 1 person! 

The civil service can work out such arrangements easily.

As for the private sector, companies are set up to make profits for the shareholders. The West regard workers as stakeholders and so there has to be a compromise between making the maximum profits possible and employees' right to work life balance.

All these sound good until everyone discovers very quickly that unlike the civil service his company is not a monopoly. If you don't work your guts out, your competitors' employees will. Your company turns turtle, shareholders loses everything, and you lose your job.

Today's youth have not experienced real hardship. They want to work 4 days a week, they want to WFH.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

I dun see anything wrong with our govt being pro-business. If not, why would MNCs come to Spore? But what is equally important is also that there must be laws to protect the interests of workers.

I dunno what people meant by saying that guidelines are not enough. What's the solution? People can complain but there's no easy solution. I think what they want is more handouts to be given.

Ignore List: Oyk

Gan Sotong:  "It is not onerous for companies as long as they apply proper process"

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(24-05-2024, 11:29 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Flexi-work guidelines not enough to return to the labour force, caregivers say 

flexi-work guidelines will not work because they are not in the laws.
they are just guidelines.

Lazada retrenchment is just a public example that the company does not follow the guidelines.
there are thousands of companies which do not follow the guidelines but are not made known in the public.

the final outcome is that the govt will lose touch with the reality because the govt will always think that the guidelines are successful but the employees think that the guidelines are useless.

(25-05-2024, 03:54 PM)forum456 Wrote:  flexi-work guidelines will not work because they are not in the laws.
they are just guidelines.

Lazada retrenchment is just a public example that the company does not follow the guidelines.
there are thousands of companies which do not follow the guidelines but are not made known in the public.

the final outcome is that the govt will lose touch with the reality because the govt will always think that the guidelines are successful but the employees think that the guidelines are useless.

for example, the govt likes to import foreign PMETs because the govt think they help to create jobs for Singaporeans.

the Singaporean PMETs do not like import of foreign PMETs because foreign PMETs compete with or displace them for jobs.

the govt continues to lose touch and work against Singaporeans.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

All MOM Guidelines is WAYANG

Where did the useless Gan Sotong learn all the Bad Practices from?

That is why, 50% of PAP Ministers must be removed.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers?