Tesla announce 3 for 1 stock split-desperate effort to boost falling stock price....

During the bull run many small investors like to cheong stock split even though it is just accounting move that does not increase value of your stock at all. It merely take one stock and cut into 3 pieces.

Like one piece of cake cut into 3....total cake is still the same.

Guess they are quite desperate to try various tricks as stock falls.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...ck-plunges

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Better than my bloody bio tech stock 32 to 1

Reverse split or split?

(11-06-2022, 05:51 PM)Cmpunk Wrote:  Reverse split or split?

Split .

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I spilt to 3 ?

Good What better than 32 to 1

I think it was Balls and Browns that did an empirical study showing that stock split brings price increase more than actual valuation. The reverse, I.e. reverse split will not have any benefits to price...

(11-06-2022, 07:53 PM)Sticw Wrote:  I think it was Balls and Browns that did an empirical study showing that stock split brings price increase more than actual valuation. The reverse, I.e. reverse split will not have any benefits to price...

The qualifier is "during bull market" 

It used to lead to stock rise in the past for Singapore stocks ....but we have not had a good "bull run" where people don't think logically for a long time.

Elon Musk is a market player . Follow him only if you think he will win.