Food price rises 'returning to normal'

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c0xxwz...ium=social&at_bbc_team=editorial&at_ptr_name=facebook_page&at_link_id=C78A7EB6-1757-11EF-B44A-F683150BE712&at_campaign=Social_Flow&at_format=link&at_link_origin=BBC_News&at_campaign_type=owned&at_link_type=web_link&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3-UjGkBEeQ6AIhdvyJUdGYXxALBoIM2jVUywfQ_z_HiU_z1XWmJB0CEKE_aem_AXTXBu2jWIwaGRiqUFGKlFYe1laVxIXCv7bQRAtDg0Xv0k9Z1KKJbRdec_ihcf4tUbMny9lts0JhSj6ZcRD_HjM4

Buy where price return normal ? At NTUC ? think not likely lah

Price reduce then is back to normal. Price remain high is not back to normal. High price should not be the new normal.
[+] 2 users Like winbig's post

Yes, I agree. Food price may take another 2 years or never be back to normal.

Next month CDC voucher coming hor

(22-05-2024, 07:18 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  Buy where price return normal ? At NTUC ? think not likely lah

Even when crude oil prices fall, the petrol prices across S'pore didn't follow suit. However, whenever crude prices rise, petrol companies all moved in unison to increase their pump charges.

(22-05-2024, 10:20 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Even when crude oil prices fall, the petrol prices across S'pore didn't follow suit. However, whenever crude prices rise, petrol companies all moved in unison to increase their pump charges.

All pakat wan.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(22-05-2024, 08:17 AM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  Yes, I agree. Food price may take another 2 years or never be back to normal.

Blame Putin and Hamas!

Hope so loh
Can buy more with cdc v coming soon

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(22-05-2024, 10:37 AM)winbig Wrote:  All pakat wan.

In spite of compelling evidence to the contrary, the major petroleum companies continue to deny that they are engaging in cartel practices. So why do pump rates stay high despite sharp drop in oil prices, but react immediately to the slightest increase in crude oil pricing? 

(22-05-2024, 10:55 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  In spite of compelling evidence to the contrary, the major petroleum companies continue to deny that they are engaging in cartel practices. So why do pump rates stay high despite sharp drop in oil prices, but react immediately to the slightest increase in crude oil pricing? 

In SG our market is small compared to other countries. Given our market size we can't influence the price much. We need them more than the oil companies need us. It's really lppl.

(22-05-2024, 10:54 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Hope so loh Can buy more with cdc v coming soon

[Image: Chicken-Wings.jpg]

(22-05-2024, 07:59 AM)winbig Wrote:  Price reduce then is back to normal. Price remain high is not back to normal. High price should not be the new normal.

Even when our food prices return to normal, the portions will remain abnormally small.

(23-05-2024, 09:31 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  [Image: Chicken-Wings.jpg]

Just take lah
No take chicken wings  
Both chicken and extra wings gone

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(23-05-2024, 09:32 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Even when our food prices return to normal, the portions will remain abnormally small.

Nowadays, most people are more health conscious and will prefer small portions. I always see people say 少饭.

This article from bbc.com ……. Doesn’t concern Singapore lah.

tomorrow will be a better day

Once prices of foods items has gone up, it will not go down anymore even if inflation is under control. Probably, supermarts wil sell at offer prices.

(23-05-2024, 06:36 PM)surfer Wrote:  This article from bbc.com ……. Doesn’t concern Singapore lah.

Right, 
TS is worry for UK food ball club  Rotfl

(23-05-2024, 09:33 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Just take lah. No take chicken wings  Both chicken and extra wings gone

We have to grab the CDC vouchers with both hands because we are taking back a small portion (chicken wing) of our own hard earned money (the whole chicken). 
[+] 2 users Like EvertonDiehard's post