Food prices in johor bahru !

While the prices of chicken escalate, food prices in jb still remain cheap and affordable.My wanton mee with xtra mee only cost 8 ringgit. 3 mins walk from city square.

[Image: 20220727-102911.jpg]

[Image: 20220727-104245.jpg]

common computer screen resolutions
[+] 3 users Like pinkpanther's post

The food there are cooked differently and more tasty.

Did you enjoy your train ride?

(27-07-2022, 11:59 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Did you enjoy your train ride?

Train seats are very comfortable. Sg and malaysia customs side by side make it very convenient to get thru. Train ride to the mall cost $5 and it took around 5 mins. Hassle free.
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

(27-07-2022, 11:55 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  While the prices of chicken escalate, food prices in jb still remain cheap and affordable.My wanton mee with xtra mee only cost 8 ringgit. 3 mins walk from city square.

[Image: 20220727-102911.jpg]

[Image: 20220727-104245.jpg]

common computer screen resolutions

8 MR is cheap? It is not cheap to Malaysians. Only cheap to us because of the xchange rate.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

(27-07-2022, 12:06 PM)RichDad Wrote:  8 MR is cheap? It is not cheap to Malaysians. Only cheap to us because of the xchange rate.

Normal portion 5 ringgit.

so cheap....because life is cheap there....

Big portion.

Food inflation in Bolehland is a joke. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

In bolehland, they hardly upgrade their food places and keep the prices affordable. Here we always ungrade unnecessarily very few years and past the cost to consumer at the end. Hopeless!

(27-07-2022, 02:28 PM)mikotan Wrote:  In bolehland, they hardly upgrade their food places and keep the prices affordable. Here we always ungrade unnecessarily very few years and past the cost to consumer at the end. Hopeless!

So call " renovate, upgrade " make nice nice but in return High rental cost

Now Scape at Orchard they also going to upgrade

But sadly one thing

Time , Money cannot buy time.

You need time to travel go JB , than the traffic jam etc.

a skinny roast duck rm 98. very not cheap for the locals

(27-07-2022, 02:33 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  But sadly one thing

Time , Money cannot buy time.

You need time to travel go JB , than the traffic jam etc.

Take the train lah, it only takes 5 mins to get in, immigration only takes 5-10 mins for both sides at Woodlands Train Station.

(27-07-2022, 02:28 PM)mikotan Wrote:  In bolehland, they hardly upgrade their food places and keep the prices affordable. Here we always ungrade unnecessarily very few years and past the cost to consumer at the end. Hopeless!

A lot of those who sell food here are FT, especially from bolehland. Of course must increase price to fleece us lah.

I noticed a few things while I was in JB last weekend:

1. A supermarket at Galleria mall is closing down, shelves are partially empty and no customers there…the entire mall is like a ghost town with only a few stores open and customers are less than 2 dozens….it is a mall with 4 levels, the size of Lucky Plaza and looks pretty new & trendy
2. Plaza Pelangi (another trendy multi storey mall) is like a ghost town, no shops open except for Coldstorage. Very dark inside, is it abandoned?

[Image: 49-D0-F13-F-56-DF-4257-B912-37-D2786746-B5.jpg]
3. City Square Mall is crowded thanks to Spore visitors mostly youngsters in their 20s
4. RTS construction is about to start, fences are up to get ready for the digging
5. Some condos near central area are under construction, but many are partially completed and abandoned
6. New hotels in central area are under construction

Avoid foot massage in JB as all the good ones left for Spore, newly hired ones are mostly from Burma, dunt know how to massage the spots correctly, they use excessive strength on the toes and bones, very painful, no good.

(27-07-2022, 04:15 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Avoid foot massage in JB as all the good ones left for Spore, newly hired ones are mostly from Burma, dunt know how to massage the spots correctly, they use excessive strength on the toes and bones, very painful, no good.
I had a marine engineer who died while having foot massage in Jakarta. I was told by those present that his mouth was foaming when he died. They suspect the masseur cud have unknowing pressed a death point in his foot I dun go for such luxury so I dun bother to investigate further.... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(27-07-2022, 02:31 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  So call " renovate, upgrade " make nice nice but in return High rental cost

Now Scape at Orchard they also going to upgrade

same as hawpar villa. $60 m reno, tickets $14 how to recoup.

[Image: 20220727-175849.jpg]

neighbour just bought these from jb. he said still veey cheap

Malaysia inflation super slow.
Nothing like PAP inflation every year non stop! Maybe Gov too uncorrupted is BAD!

(27-07-2022, 06:02 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  [Image: 20220727-175849.jpg]

neighbour just bought these from jb. he said still veey cheap

Teochew kueh also very nice. Nyonya kueh taste a bit different from that in Spore.