Former deputy lead of MOH data unit jailed for leaking COVID-19 numbers

So wasted. Jail for a silly offence.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...rs-2512291

Last time, one of our Minister also similar case right?

(22-02-2022, 12:25 PM)theold Wrote:  Last time, one of our Minister also similar case right?
He was not a minister then. He not even an MP then.
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

(22-02-2022, 12:27 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  He was not a minister then. He not even an MP then.

Sure? Google lor.

Leaking the next President not serious?

Why is there to hide the numbers??

Why is it a secret??

Is it because they want to tweet the numbers down???
[+] 1 user Likes Stoki's post

The numbers are supposed to be told to the public so what's there to leak? And the punishment is too heavy.

I thought US says data unknown?

(22-02-2022, 12:27 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  He was not a minister then. He not even an MP then.

You mean the 1993 case, that Director of ...? Luckily, there is a fine. This one Assistant Director.
[+] 1 user Likes theold's post

(22-02-2022, 12:31 PM)Stoki Wrote:  Why is there to hide the numbers??

Why is it a secret??

Hide the numbers so that Ministar can become fortune tellers mah. Laughing

(22-02-2022, 12:25 PM)theold Wrote:  Last time, one of our Minister also similar case right?

Was person jailed?

Why is there double standards?...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Normally, they should consider the gravity of the case and for consistency among the cases. The daily numbers are later, a few hours later, disclose to the public right?

I find the harshness of the OSA excessive and skewed towards keeping a data gap between the people and the govt.

In thjs case the data is already earmarked to be released to the public ....and has no national security implications. Hence from the angle of negative impact it is not high.

Yet the punishment is heavy. Its like cutting a person's arm off for stealing an apple because the law state that as punishment.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

Some ministers also predict Covid_19 cases to be 5000 cases initially; after some time really 5K cases, that guy also said 10k cases also came true, finally said 15k...the rest history...it just only a guessing game.. how good he can predict 4D number or Toto number.

(22-02-2022, 01:19 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  Some ministers also predict Covid_19 cases to be 5000 cases initially; after some time really 5K cases, that guy also said 10k cases also came true, finally said 15k...the rest history...it just only a guessing game.. how good he can predict 4D number or Toto number.

Bingo! Some of our famous persons also predict the numbers. They already had the information. When the number of cases come out, our expert team said it is expected, like within range.
[+] 1 user Likes theold's post

If she in china she will be executed and torture i guess. Lucky she in singapore as new citizen.
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

Last year news..

(22-02-2022, 12:34 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  The numbers are supposed to be told to the public so what's there to leak? And the punishment is too heavy.

Then everything that are supposed to be released can be leaked? Like gdp Figure, company results etc?
[+] 1 user Likes guffaw's post

(22-02-2022, 01:17 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I find the harshness of the OSA excessive and skewed towards keeping a data gap between the people and the govt.

In thjs case the data is already earmarked to be released to the public ....and has no national security implications.  Hence from the angle of  negative impact it is not high.

Yet the punishment is heavy. Its like cutting a person's arm off for stealing an apple because the law state that as punishment.

People with access to leaked data can gain from those advance revelation.

(22-02-2022, 01:17 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I find the harshness of the OSA excessive and skewed towards keeping a data gap between the people and the govt.

In thjs case the data is already earmarked to be released to the public ....and has no national security implications.  Hence from the angle of  negative impact it is not high.

These days the judges and prosecution dish out sentences that are disproportionate and harsh.

There must be a ombudsman to oversee such injustices.

Otherwise, within the judicial system the chance of redress is zero.

Also the lawyer representing her is dumb...ask for 18 weeks jail term. She gets what she wanted,

Why Tharman didn't go to jail when he breached the OSA in the 1980s? Isn't the information disclosed by Tharman more serious?

Stupid lawyer!!! This is precedent for her case.
[+] 2 users Like SGSeniorCitizen1952's post

(22-02-2022, 12:08 PM)starbugs Wrote:  So wasted. Jail for a silly offence.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...rs-2512291
chatgroup don play play can kenna playout.
[+] 1 user Likes Blin's post

(22-02-2022, 01:35 PM)guffaw Wrote:  Then everything that are supposed to be released can be leaked? Like gdp Figure, company results etc?

GDP figures can affect the stock market so revealing it may benefit some people. But covid numbers? What can people gain from knowing it a few hours earlier?
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(22-02-2022, 01:05 PM)theold Wrote:  You mean the 1993 case, that Director of ...? Luckily, there is a fine. This one Assistant Director.
Tharman

(22-02-2022, 02:13 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Tharman

Yes, he was in the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
[+] 1 user Likes SGSeniorCitizen1952's post

(22-02-2022, 12:30 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Leaking the next President not serious?

DEPENDS ON WHO LEAK

(22-02-2022, 12:31 PM)Stoki Wrote:  Why is there to hide the numbers??

Why is it a secret??

Logical line thought, this may be their intention. If not why took action for leaking of information. So much about transparency. F...k pap

(22-02-2022, 02:04 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  GDP figures can affect the stock market so revealing it may benefit some people. But covid numbers? What can people gain from knowing it a few hours earlier?

Why not? If too high numbers stock market can also drop.

One got black mark, one no black mark. Life goes on.

(22-02-2022, 02:36 PM)guffaw Wrote:  Why not? If too high numbers stock market can also drop.

So high numbers means no need to tell the public?

(22-02-2022, 03:14 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  So high numbers means no need to tell the public?

Tell at the time it is released to public.