Former director of Twelve Cupcakes fined over underpaid staff -guess who?

A former director at confectionery chain Twelve Cupcakes is the latest decision maker linked to the firm to be fined over offences involving underpaid staff.
Yvonne Ong Hwee Ming, now 49, who also used to be a teacher, admitted that she had allowed the firm to underpay its workers.

She was fined $20,000 in a district court yesterday after pleading guilty to four charges under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act involving nearly $20,000. Four other similar charges were considered during sentencing.

Ms Teo was also fined $65,000 in March after pleading guilty to 10 similar charges.

The Singaporean, who committed the offences in 2013 and 2014, is the elder sister of former radio DJ Daniel Ong Ming Yu, 45, who co-founded the company in 2011 with then wife, artiste Jaime Teo Chai-lin, 43.

In May this year, Mr Ong was fined $65,000 for failing to prevent Twelve Cupcakes from underpaying its foreign workers.

He pleaded guilty to 10 charges under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act.

More at  https://tinyurl.com/58473n94

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

She seems like a Tua Peh Gong director. Fall guy for the real shareholders.

PAP supporting such ill- behavior of business for ages. So many loopholes pass from Lim SS to JoTeo and now Tan SL.

When I was hired, the company did not underpay me, but pay me in full but demand I use my salary to pay for office stuff.

Called MOM hotline but there is nothing PAP can do to protect own citizens.