HK’s No 2 official John Lee resigned, will be only candidate with Beijing’s blessing

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/poli...icial-john

In 1977, at the age of 20, Lee joined the Royal Hong Kong Police Force as a probationary inspector. He later became Chief Superintendent in 1997, Assistant Commissioner in 2003, senior assistant commissioner in 2007 and Deputy Commissioner in 2010. Having served in a wide range of operational duties, including the CID, Complaints Against Police, Service Quality, Personnel, Training, Information Systems, Finance, Policies Formulation, Planning and Development, Lee had been the Commander of Kowloon West Region, Assistant Commissioner (Crime) and Director of Crime and Security, and Deputy Commissioner (Management).

During his tenure as a police officer, Lee was known to have obtained a master's degree in Public Policy and Administration from Charles Sturt University in Australia under a self-learning programme sponsored by the force.

Nothing against him.
But is anyone else allowed to run?
Or is this a one horse race?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

[Image: CD6273-CB-D8-C7-4-F76-B0-A8-22-AA4599-CFF3.png]

Another career civil servant. Don't expect much from him.

(06-04-2022, 03:31 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Another career civil servant. Don't expect much from him.

Once endorse by Beijing, somehow people will not support him.

Just like Taiwan elections kmce Bejing come.out to say who they like...usually the other guy wins

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

West's ' free , fair erections ' will likely get another relesky or hitler , either a clown leading its people to bedok reserviour or a devil's incarnate.

Act,act, over confident , arrogant , extremely selfish, easily bot , bribed by outsiders , they just dont know how to negotiate for peace..

Rekesky want to die, scared to die a dead hero...n dirty bullshitter wants to pull the whole world to fight for him...to finish off humanity

very nice, another ccp dog.
let make HKD unpeg, spore huat!!!!
end of HK financial system, F off to china junk.