Forum: Average Singaporean should have a decent chance of owning a car

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...ning-a-car

Like I said max one car per household additional tax and levy if you want more like the ABSD.

Many with elderly and disabled in family need a care to take care but now. Cannot afford.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

All FTrs buying a car should pay for additional taxes and levy.

8Umbrella Umbrella
[+] 1 user Likes klat's post

I can own a car but I don't want to because too stressful to own a car in SG.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

Want to drive, go drive for grab or gojek part-time to help fund the car. What the letter writer is suggesting is never going to happen.

Dont want to spend 100k to stress myself.juat spend few dollar can have a free driver fetch me around
[+] 1 user Likes SeewhatLook's post

Buying car is a liability not a resource.

Maybe introduce something like ABSD for cars to discourage ownership of too many cars for a single person.

Loophole will be company cars.

Drive phv go rent car is susa, own one 2nd hand is slightly cheaper

(25-04-2023, 10:05 AM)CharsiewNotfatnotnice Wrote:  Drive phv go rent car is susa, own one 2nd hand is slightly cheaper

Drive phv can earn back car rental. Own car keep paying leh

(25-04-2023, 10:07 AM)winbig Wrote:  Drive phv can earn back car rental. Own car keep paying leh

Correct also, unless really earning 20k per month, then own car is peanuts. 

Any phv drivers in this forum?

Put car is a luxury, not a necessity. You feel better

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

This garment only allow the rich to own a car lah. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

It is not a right when MRT and bus cover every inch of the country. Is this article an excuse?
[+] 1 user Likes red3's post

The whole idea of this system is to ensure that most average Singaporeans cannot own or if can own but find it very stressful to maintain the car. Just go figure if all average Singaporeans can own a car, what will be the traffic density like on our roads. 

Currently the MRT and public transport system is convenient and handicaps friendly. So excuses of having aging and handicapped parents to own cars is no longer valid. .... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

They also have a decent chance of voting a new government.

(25-04-2023, 11:53 AM)red3 Wrote:  It is not a right when MRT and bus cover every inch of the country. Is this article an excuse?

Agree.

How come the people in Hong Kong did not come out with this idea that the government must ensure that every household with elderly parents or young children can afford a car? If this is implemented, my whole neighbourhood will be flooded with cars as most households will either have young children or elderly parents or both.

(25-04-2023, 12:21 PM)Dan Wrote:  They also have a decent chance of voting a new government.

Over a car .... well, if it is true ... they well truly deserve to get fugged Laughing

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Tangsen's post

Next time, another person will write in say every sinkie should have a decent chance of owning a landed property with a swimming pool in sg.

(25-04-2023, 12:23 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Over a car .... well, if it is true ... they well truly deserve to get fugged Laughing

Turn the country upside down just over a car.

Sad to say locals are getting lazy and feel entitled to everything.

We have a decent chance of voting pap out.

(25-04-2023, 12:43 PM)mikotan Wrote:  Sad to say locals are getting lazy and feel entitled to everything.

Quite true, locals tend to feel entitled to buy a car, but then the roads will be flooded with cars and traffic jams would occur............ Big Grin