Forum: Bank asked retiree to place FD to retain credit cards

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...edit-cards

No cure for stupidity.

Thot most if not all banks will require retirees/unemployed  to place an FD with them if you wish to secure a credit card. 

The greedy bank will give you the worst FD rates. It's like a form of paying for your credit card fee. Absolutely NOT FREE. Also the freaking bank can use the FD to cover your CC debt if you should default. 

Blood sucking banks...they are always the winners.

singlion age 73 completely different
own credit card with 5 accounts tied to the credit card
IAM wat the bank called a cow dat produces milk for the bank.
The only saving account is with POSB bal 410 after today 100.
IAM like the Dola all Debts.
i carry cash in a bag. Use credit card to buy food transport hotels etc.
occasionally i carry gold silver bars.
singlion was once called to chiat kopi suspect money laundering of cos Not.
IAM singlion Singapore is my Love my darling.

Should just cut up the card, withdraw the fix deposit. Open up an account with another bank and apply for a new credit card.

tomorrow will be a better day

(06-12-2023, 10:37 AM)surfer Wrote:  Should just cut up the card, withdraw the fix deposit. Open up an account with another bank and apply for a new credit card.

Still will need to open an FD account tied to the credit card in another Bank if you have no monthly income.

Different if you are gainfully employed with a monthly salary .

(06-12-2023, 10:37 AM)surfer Wrote:  Should just cut up the card, withdraw the fix deposit. Open up an account with another bank and apply for a new credit card.

totally agree. so rediculous. Why are they victimising yhe senior citizen?  Where and what is MAS doing to let the senior citizen suffers to this kind treatment??

(06-12-2023, 10:44 AM)hansamu Wrote:  Still will need to open an FD account tied to the credit card in another Bank if you have no monthly income.

Different if you are gainfully employed with a monthly salary .

Can use the fix deposit that he withdrew from Maybank.

(06-12-2023, 10:29 AM)hansamu Wrote:  Thot most if not all banks will require retirees/unemployed  to place an FD with them if you wish to secure a credit card. 

The greedy bank will give you the worst FD rates. It's like a form of paying for your credit card fee. Absolutely NOT FREE. Also the freaking bank can use the FD to cover your CC debt if you should default. 

Blood sucking banks...they are always the winners.

(06-12-2023, 10:50 AM)surfer Wrote:  Can use the fix deposit that he withdrew from Maybank.
Yes....but the withdrawn FD put in the next bank will be used to tie up for the new CC at minimal interest. 

LPPL ???

I’m a retiree and have about 7-8 credit cars. I only use 3 and some of the cards I’ve called the banks to cancel them. They refuse and keeps on sending new cards with new expiry dates. I don’t use them and cut the cards into shreds.

I think all banks require $10k FD as security if the credit applicant is unemployed or retired. Best just use debit card.       Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

It's not just the bank's call. It's an MAS requirement for a 30k annual salary to hold credit card. The retiree should not have tried to reduce credit limit...backside too itchy.

This retiree shd cancel his credit card and also the FD once it expires. This scenario is helpful for me that I will not do any business with Maybank. Neither wil I put an FD there.

POSB Everyday card is a credit/ATM/ card and is free.

Aiya as the saying goes, banks lend you umbrella in fair weather but want it back when it rains
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

Banks are in difficulty.
they understand money and current{cy) beri well.
Dola hear here DEAD but not materialise YET

(06-12-2023, 11:20 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  POSB Everyday card is a credit/ATM/ card and is free.
I don’t trust POSB and DBS anymore. Lots of scams from this bank.

No need to think just close relationship and move to a better service

(06-12-2023, 09:21 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  No cure for stupidity.

And that's why nobody's trying to cure you.  Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

Must know which country the bank belongs to!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

If no more working annual income need to lah

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

https://www.singsaver.com.sg/blog/credit...%9D%20card.

Income is not the only criteria. Total net assets aso can. And citi clear doesn't need income

Not sure if it's up to date.

In the past... maybe 40 years ago....the credit card was a status symbol.

It was prestigious to produce a green Amex card to settle the bill. For that one minute of fame when the cashier politely asked for your powerful signature which you signed off with a well rehearsed relish...

In those days, the word American was a big deal and so even a green card was a head turner.

And if you had the GOLD card, the cashier was prepared to change her surname to become your Mrs.

Then GOLD became too common, and BLACK came along.

Meanwhile banks started marketing for Visa Internationer and soon, Observer eh daughter also had a VISA card from State Bank of Mungali (SBM).

Credit cards are no longer status symbols. What is the point for having one? Just use Paywave with your Debit Card. Job done. Of course some peepur like KILLjoy eh daughter still only accepts cash so what's the use of cards. She only accepts rupees...  Big Grin

(06-12-2023, 09:21 AM)KILLjoy Wrote:  No cards please. My daughter only accepts cash, rupees preferred, for her cheesepie.  Love

Sometimes the more cards the better lah. Can use one that gives you the better discounts

Like just I went to a nursery to buy some soil. Knn, the cashier said no amex woh?! Lickily I brought along the whole booklet of cards and let her choose

(06-12-2023, 12:24 PM)Observer Wrote:  10% off total bill!

Piak piak 5 rupees
Body massage no piak piak 3 rupees
Zhut zhut 1 rupee.

Only for State Bank of Mungali cards! 

Her meow meow smelly or not?  Rotfl

(06-12-2023, 12:50 PM)Oyk Wrote:  No cards please. My daughter only accepts cash, rupees preferred, for her cheesepie. Rotfl

[Image: SiTub.png]