Forum: Charging electric car can be frustrating experience

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...experience

Only way the make mass adoption of EV possible is every … I mean every residential carpark has charging facility … if not more fight and dispute will arise

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

When Malaysia doesn't have the same car system as Singapore, many cannot drive into Malaysia unless their battery life can last. If breakdown , stranded in the wilderness waiting to be robbed.....

charge few hours just to drive a while...really lousy plan to have EV car....should be just use for Public Bus...

Do you know Tesla full charge is less than 400km mileage? In sg.

OK standard??

Smile

EV should have hot swap functions … look at these videos.

https://www.scmp.com/video/scmp-original...-batteries

(04-04-2022, 11:41 AM)Niubee Wrote:  Do you know Tesla full charge is less than 400km mileage? In sg.

OK standard??

Average 45mins of charging …. knowing Stinkies … some mudderfugger will hog the lot and dun mind paying a little more to go to the super market .. just not practical

This situation will surely applies to women drivers ….. normal car some will forget to top up petrol

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/te...g-25385552

https://www.businessinsider.com/holiday-...rs-2019-12

(04-04-2022, 11:46 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  This situation will surely applies to women drivers ….. normal car some will forget to top up petrol

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/te...g-25385552

Serve them right

(04-04-2022, 11:41 AM)Niubee Wrote:  Do you know Tesla full charge is less than 400km mileage? In sg.

OK standard??

It moves fast and quiet like UFO

Electric car owners will be played one more time like those CNG cars last time.

Brilliant minds did not plan for more covenient charging points like petrol stations..

Wat's wrong with implentation?

Why China no complains?

(04-04-2022, 11:54 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Serve them right

But because these dumbo end up creating problems for others …. like traffic jam or even accidents

(04-04-2022, 12:03 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Why China no complains?
Majority of their EV are public buses 
SG should convert all public used vehicles to EV first, like buses, trashes truck, ambulance, police cars, fire engine ……. before talking about pte cars

(04-04-2022, 12:03 PM)Yin yang Wrote:  Brilliant minds did not plan for more covenient charging points like petrol stations..

Wat's wrong with implentation?

They just wanna do something fashionable to look good.

Use a spare battery lah. Simple as ABC, like having a spare tyre

8Umbrella Umbrella

(04-04-2022, 12:07 PM)klat Wrote:  Use a spare battery lah. Simple as ABC, like having a spare tyre

You know how big these batteries are … you think those rectangular thingy inside your bonnet?

Expected..

There are simple way to fix this...set a rule ...once charging is complete...send a warning call to the user ..if the car is not move by x min then a charge of x amount of dollars every 30 mins..

If you don't like that..then hire a service to move your car...for as little as say 20 bucks , the valet business will move your car to available parking space and in the morning you can collect the key from them.

Simple

(04-04-2022, 12:17 PM)keys Wrote:  Expected..

There are simple way to fix this...set a rule ...once charging is complete...send a warning call to the user ..if the car is not move by x min then a charge of x amount of dollars every 30 mins..

If you don't like that..then hire a service to move your car...for as little as say 20 bucks , the valet business will move your car to available parking space and in the morning you can collect the key from them.

Simple

Don’t behave like pay and pay. They are many ways to solve a problem…

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

The battery swap is a better solution. Just standardized the battery system across car makes.

Can I say charging my phone is also a frustrating experience?

Writer should consider that petrol is super convenient but charging EV is not as convenient but isn't a big deal.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(04-04-2022, 12:17 PM)keys Wrote:  Expected..

Simple

Stinkies are bery rich lah … 100k for a permit to drive a car for 10 years what's a few bucks?

(04-04-2022, 12:34 PM)Sticw Wrote:  The battery swap is a better solution. Just standardized the battery system across car makes.

I absolutely agree. You have an mobile app to tell the availability of batteries in each booth

(04-04-2022, 12:37 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Can I say charging my phone is also a frustrating experience?

Writer should consider that petrol is super convenient but charging EV is not as convenient but isn't a big deal.

Phone is easy when everyone can charge at their own leisure …. imagine you need to queue 1/2 an hr to use the charging booth another 45mins to charge your car …..

Didn't the letter writer read the news that 60k charging points will be added to carparks in the next few years? They need time to be built. Don't just complain and say people never think of the issues before you did.

(04-04-2022, 12:45 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Didn't the letter writer read the news that 60k charging points will be added to carparks in the next few years? They need time to be built. Don't just complain and say people never think of the issues before you did.

60K is not enough …. I am not complaining but they plan to phase out petrol car by 2030 …. when the charging infra is not enough. 
Why put a cart before the horse?

Some people charge at home

(04-04-2022, 12:39 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  I absolutely agree. You have an mobile app to tell the availability of batteries in each booth
If only the car maker makes it easy to slot in and out their car battery.. even if don't standardize all different but all swappable can liao. I just start a cat battery swapping station biz can liao. Everywhere just swap and then charge the battery for members. Members just buy membership and enjoy the quick change of battery...