Forum: Do Singaporeans really lack the right skills and experience for jobs?

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...e-for-jobs
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

Yes we lack the relevant skills needed for todays world...because due to lousy foresight of our Education Ministers...they cannot identify the trend that is needed..and always always too late to incorporate relevant studies into schools..producing academic irrelavant useless skills...9 out of 10 of your friends might heard too often this "what we learn at school only useful about 10% when apply to actual jobs"...

The 1 out of 10 couldnt find job and start hawker cafe etc..
[+] 2 users Like Sharexchange's post

No because of age discrimination plus employer want cheaper, better and faster worker for profit
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

(08-06-2022, 09:08 AM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...e-for-jobs

Not sure about others but yes for myself lah! Lazy to study hard and lack of job experiences lah!
[+] 2 users Like cheekopekman's post

(08-06-2022, 09:37 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Not sure about others but yes for myself lah! Lazy to study hard and lack of job experiences lah!

U lazy to study that's y go c h²o har Big Grin

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Galilo_l's post

(08-06-2022, 09:42 AM)Galilo_l Wrote:  U lazy to study that's y go c h²o har Big Grin

See water must study one meh? Just go to your toilet look at the water in the toilet bowl lah!
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(08-06-2022, 09:46 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  See water must study one meh? Just go to your toilet look at the water in the toilet bowl lah!

Y must go toilet bowl n c leh... tot u go beach n c c lok lok  Big Grin

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(08-06-2022, 09:48 AM)Galilo_l Wrote:  Y must go toilet bowl n c leh... tot u go beach n c c lok lok  Big Grin

Go beach must pay money take bus there leh! Why waste money leh? Your house no toilet bowl meh?
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

The word "LACK" means do not have or deficiency with minimal skills

just like Army Generals and PAP Ministers

yet jobs are reserved for them

with 10 YEARS Internship training

https://mothership.sg/2021/09/saf-scdf-a...ecda-muis/

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

many skills can pick up on the job

I pick up many skills in last 30yrs
on my own
it is all instinctive and doable

all courses are rubbish
gov stupid
most do it to collect money or pass time
as .....
[+] 1 user Likes Talent's post

(08-06-2022, 09:54 AM)Ola Wrote:  The word "LACK" means do not have or deficiency with minimal skills

Not enough lah! Lack of money, for example.

It takes 4 or 5 years to train an employee for the RIGHT skills that is only suitable for that one company.

(08-06-2022, 09:54 AM)Ola Wrote:  The word "LACK" means do not have or deficiency with minimal skills

correct

my white american aunty (migrant from UK to USA 100 years ago ) told because of PAP usage of manipulated english and lies

may not be "lack"

but politician allow market  abuse and manipulation to pay those greedy statemans

singapore PAP and it media is ranked 160th

mean the people are feed with manipulated and lies from the state control media

putin is studying how singapore PAP is doing it 
putin rules russia are just like singapore and china

(08-06-2022, 09:26 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  No because of age discrimination plus employer want cheaper, better and faster worker for profit

worst thing to learn fr this medicore minister ,yet they are the most expensive,bad n slow to reactive
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

Qns why cannot hire train why must train first then hirer..knn
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

(08-06-2022, 09:26 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  No because of age discrimination plus employer want cheaper, better and faster worker for profit

Govt want FT or FW to supplment their passive incomes of levy from companies for profit.

This human trafficking is big biz... nudie

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

(08-06-2022, 02:24 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  It takes 4 or 5 years to train an employee for the RIGHT skills that is only suitable for that one company.
rubbish

(08-06-2022, 04:00 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Govt want FT or FW to supplment their passive incomes of levy from companies for profit.

This human trafficking is big biz... nudie

yes
GDP look good
they keep increase their pay
we suffer

I expect PM Lee to come out to clarify and rectify this long standing issue otherwise, it only shows that he is aware and approved such bad practises.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

If we lack skills then why isn't the MOE educating our people with the skills.

Why do they limit people taking medicine then import Doctors?

Why they stop so many from going university then import foreigners with degree?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(08-06-2022, 05:17 PM)Symmetry Wrote:  I expect PM Lee to come out to clarify and rectify this long standing issue otherwise, it only shows that he is aware and approved such bad practises.

He more good in " acting blur " don't dare to explain directly
unlike LKY at least dare to explain directly YES We addicted to profits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uAYnSpp3hQ

funny is Tharman just serve one year?

Think about this.. If today a company need a rocket scientist, or a geo thermal expert, then yes, Sinkie land unlikely don't have and we need to import overseas.

Now, tomorrow pinkie decided to venture into space industry.. Rocket scientist becomes in demand, and it only make sense to upskill sinkie to be a rocket scientist to meet the demand..

But how often we heard companies say we got no local rocket scientist, so companies just want to keep hiring from oversea.. So eventually sinkie land might built a successful space industry, but it is supported not by local but FT.. And local get to serve in lower paying jobs to 'support' the FT..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(08-06-2022, 05:39 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  He more good in " acting blur " don't dare to explain directly
unlike LKY at least dare to explain directly YES We addicted to profits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uAYnSpp3hQ

Get over LKY lah.

We should start with HR being a local to handle recruitment instead. Heard of them using age to set aside some qualified locals.

chinese has a saying:
they are god 
they are also the devils