Forum: Rising prices of hawker food is understated by the study

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...awker-food

"When consumers bring their own containers, the stallholders show their displeasure by asking the consumers to take off the lids and put back the lids themselves" - Harry Ong Heng Poh. The last time the relatively young and able bodied nasi lemak hawker told me that, I took my containers and patronised his competitor next door. The quality doesn't differ much and the prices are aligned.   

One of my favourite fish slice noodle in a coffee shop suddenly increased price from $4.80 to $6.80. Now seems like fewer customers go there to buy or eat at that stall.

Laughing

(28-05-2024, 11:16 AM)Gstalk Wrote:  One of my favourite fish slice noodle in a coffee shop suddenly increased price from $4.80 to $6.80. Now seems like fewer customers go there to buy or eat at that stall.

Vote with our feet and wallets! Show these hawkers who profit unreasonably from so-called inflation that there are alternatives to their stall. 

Take any survey from the S'pore Department of Statistics with far more than a pinch of salt. They are another govt-controlled instrument. 
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

All eat less or cheaper food for a couple of months, you'll see immediate price drop.

If you dun care, prices will definitely continue to go up, and you'll come here kpkb again

(28-05-2024, 10:45 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  "When consumers bring their own containers, the stallholders show their displeasure by asking the consumers to take off the lids and put back the lids themselves" - Harry Ong Heng Poh. The last time the relatively young and able bodied nasi lemak hawker told me that, I took my containers and patronised his competitor next door. The quality doesn't differ much and the prices are aligned.   

$0.30 or 30 cents per container you also don't let them earn meh? Thinking

(28-05-2024, 11:33 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  All eat less or cheaper food for a couple of months, you'll see immediate price drop. If you dun care, prices will definitely continue to go up, and you'll come here kpkb again

Check out the many different recipes available online. I went from someone who didn't even like cooking to a home chef by following such recipes on YouTube. Of course I have a helper who assists by chopping and seasoning the meat and preparing the ingredients for me to do the finishing touches when I reach home at around 7 pm.

(28-05-2024, 11:38 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  $0.30 or 30 cents per container you also don't let them earn meh? 

I bring my food containers every time I pack food home to lessen my carbon footprint. Learn to save the earth for your children and grandchildren. 

(28-05-2024, 11:41 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I bring my food containers every time I pack food home to lessen my carbon footprint. Learn to save the earth for your children and grandchildren. 

I have no child lah! Big Grin I don't believe all those rubbish lah!

(28-05-2024, 11:42 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I have no child lah! Big Grin I don't believe all those rubbish lah!

Waleneh, what to do with your million dollars assets leh? Give to garment or charities?

(28-05-2024, 11:47 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Waleneh, what to do with your million dollars assets leh? Give to garment or charities?

Why you worry leh? Thinking I also dont care lah! Big Grin

(28-05-2024, 11:42 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I have no child lah! Big Grin I don't believe all those rubbish lah!

How can a "cheekopekman" not produce any offspring - legitimate or illegitimate? LOL!

The statistics is for upper echelons to KPI ... It is not for commoners. Stick to the kopi o, teh o, prata kosong, cai png 2 vege and 3 vege etc etc to know the real inflation

(28-05-2024, 11:50 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  How can a "cheekopekman" not produce any offspring - legitimate or illegitimate? LOL!

Just pump and go lah! Big Grin Next!...

(28-05-2024, 11:50 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Why you worry leh? Thinking I also dont care lah! Big Grin

Likely garment will take back loh. Give to old fokes home better lah
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(28-05-2024, 11:52 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Just pump and go lah! Big Grin Next!...

You sound like the tyre shop repairman!  LOL!

Singapore Dept of Stats existence is to support Pap and thus, conflict of Interest. It is and will always be merely patronising the public who are deem the lesser mortals in the Equity Game for some cover- up agenda.

(28-05-2024, 09:22 AM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...awker-food

the govt says is 6%.
the people say is 20%.

this explains why Singaporeans should always have strong opposition in the parliament.

(28-05-2024, 11:54 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Likely garment will take back loh. Give to old fokes home better lah

Charity lah! Big Grin

(28-05-2024, 11:38 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  $0.30 or 30 cents per container you also don't let them earn meh? Thinking

is over ridiculously proliferating

the cost <10cts 
that is >200%

they the greedy hawkers are targeting those gui gui dare not to compali type

that why lky or pap cantt say n not right to say sillyporeans like to compalin alot.

latest case was someone paid$4.80 for  a bowl of noodles with 1 fisfball n 1 meatball for $4.80
compalined to social media then KOFU will say sorry n apologise n look into the matter.
if no compalint EVERYTHING SWEPT UNDER TO TARGET THE NEXT SILLY N QUIET CUSTOMERS

(28-05-2024, 12:45 PM)talky Wrote:  is over ridiculously proliferating

the cost <10cts 
that is >200%

they the greedy hawkers are targeting those gui gui dare not to compali type

that why lky or pap cantt say n not right to say sillyporeans like to compalin alot.

latest case was someone paid$4.80 for  a bowl of noodles with 1 fisfball n 1 meatball for $4.80
compalined to social media then KOFU will say sorry n apologise n look into the matter.
if no compalint EVERYTHING SWEPT UNDER TO TARGET THE NEXT SILLY N QUIET CUSTOMERS

Cannot afford dont eat lah! Big Grin

(28-05-2024, 12:49 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Cannot afford dont eat lah! 

Eat at home more often. You will be surprised how much healthier you will become over time.

(28-05-2024, 07:14 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Eat at home more often. You will be surprised how much healthier you will become over time.

You're right lah! Big Grin Healthier choice lah!

(28-05-2024, 07:15 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  You're right lah! Big Grin Healthier choice lah!

Of course the clueless will pack food from the hawker centre to take home, and hope that it will be healthier that way! LOL!

(28-05-2024, 07:14 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Eat at home more often. You will be surprised how much healthier you will become over time.

Shd be healthful, more healthful and most healthful instead

Chewhu sch taught you to use healthy, healthier and healthiest instead meh?

Most worrisome is home pricing is rising
Pay so much to home loan ends up not much left for food and needs

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(29-05-2024, 10:43 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Of course the clueless will pack food from the hawker centre to take home, and hope that it will be healthier that way! LOL!

Nowadays people pack home healthier choice food to scan the QR code for Healthy365 app lah! Big Grin They can earn health points and credits for NTUC groceries lah!
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(29-05-2024, 11:18 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Nowadays people pack home healthier choice food to scan the QR code for Healthy365 app lah! Big Grin They can earn health points and credits for NTUC groceries lah!

Recently redeemed Ntuc $5 from healthy 365👍

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(29-05-2024, 11:23 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Recently redeemed Ntuc $5 from healthy 365👍

So you can buy something for $5 in NTUC no need to pay money lah! Big Grin