Forum: Unsuccessful motor insurance claim because other party did not report accident

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...t-accident

Does reporting police on the spot help the claim if other party never report insurance?

Smile

Aiyah, usually it is a minor or small dent so they dont need to repair and dont need to report.

Laughing

Wow, it's a loophole. Insurance company better fix it soon. Don't think we have such problem last time. What has changed??

just submit the other driver details to the police. they will do the job if its a serious one. minor owner can settle privately provided both agree

sometimes u wish your insurer claims repair costs from other party if you are totally faultless.
but fr experience i can tell you your insurer are too lazy and too occupied to go and do that for you.
so how? they use your personal insurance payout for the repairs. see what i mean? and most of the time drivers dont care because car has been repaired until their next insurance renewal then realises that their ono claim bonus has been reduced!

Shop around for a lawyer if you have the winner case. The other party will have to pay for all the costs including your costs.

Sounds like a loophole.

Why would claims depend on the other part who is likely at fault?...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(01-01-2022, 11:00 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Sounds like a loophole.

Why would claims depend on the other part who is likely at fault?...
They scared you fabricated this claim lah...you go bank a lamp  post and said other bank you ?

(01-01-2022, 11:12 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  They scared you fabricated this claim lah...you go bank a lamp  post and said other bank you ?

In that case to solve this he just need to report police...its jailable.offense to make false report.
He has video evidence anyway.

There is no ground to refuse once he makes a police report.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(01-01-2022, 10:58 AM)wulala Wrote:  just submit the other driver details to the police. they will do the job if its a serious one. minor owner can settle privately provided both agree
What if the other party refused to give.

I would lodge police report hit and run case
According to Section 84 of the Road Traffic Act (RTA), if an accident occurs, the driver of the vehicle who caused the accident must stop the vehicle immediately. If you hit someone and drive away, it’s considered a hit-and-run, hence the name.

This also applies to parked cars. If you hit a stationary car and drive away, it is still considered a hit-and-run.

(01-01-2022, 11:17 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  In that case to solve this he just need to report police...its jailable.offense to make false report.
He has video evidence anyway.

There is no ground to refuse once he makes a police report.

(01-01-2022, 08:15 PM)Oasis Wrote:  I would lodge police report hit and run case
According to Section 84 of the Road Traffic Act (RTA), if an accident occurs, the driver of the vehicle who caused the accident must stop the vehicle immediately. If you hit someone and drive away, it’s considered a hit-and-run, hence the name.

This also applies to parked cars. If you hit a stationary car and drive away, it is still considered a hit-and-run. 
Hit and run cases must be heavily punished.... Surprised Stop Mad

If the insurance company does not honour the claims, why in the first place should motorist insure their cars?

tomorrow will be a better day

(01-01-2022, 11:29 AM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  What if the other party refused to give.

then get police in or use hp to take the driver appearance and the accident scene. if heng heng get a road bully, then confirm you win

i have one case like that, i just report to insurance, i dunno what happened after that. its just a scratch, i didnt repair. but I have to report in case that guy report, i will be in trouble for not reporting.