Quite obvious the trick independent power suppliers were using on customers...

They were .making all sorts of offers to customers to lock in certain electricity price sold to customers through contracts.

If cost of oil is below a certain price they will lock in profits as customers are stuck with them for 24 months at a fixed price...while their cost has fallen.

If it goes above a certain price they will lose money on  the contracts they signed with customers. 

When this happens they simply default their obligations close down so they don't lose  any money.

This is what is happening now as oil price goes up. The govt should put a stop to this as they are taking customers for a ride.....they are taking a free bet at the expense of customers.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

They are in trouble now.
-Blackouts and Takeouts
White Hats against Black Hats
Starlink satelite loaded with Quantum computing owned by Spaceforce has taken control of the world Finance.
In the days ahead it will be wild. La Palma 3 Gorges dam etc.....

SP grp is still the winner... all this open market is showy that it is not monopolised?

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

Don't wori All remain the same.

The whole liberalisation of the electric sector just didn't make sense from the get go. These "suppliers" are just middle men who mostly don't generate power themselves.. How could middle-men make a profit and still charge a lower than SP Group? It only shows that SP has been over-charging consumers all these years when it could have sold us electricity at cost without these middlemen.

(14-10-2021, 09:42 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  They were .making all sorts of offers to customers to lock in certain electricity price sold to customers through contracts.

If cost of oil is below a certain price they will lock in profits as customers are stuck with them for 24 months at a fixed price...while their cost has fallen.

If it goes above a certain price they will lose money on  the contracts they signed with customers. 

When this happens they simply default their obligations close down so they don't lose  any money.

This is what is happening now as oil price goes up. The govt should put a stop to this as they are taking customers for a ride.....they are taking a free bet at the expense of customers.

The ethics in our society is no good starting from the top.

Long ago I already said how can this make sense? Add middlemen and still cheaper than get direct from SP. And some more so many middlemen to choose from.

(14-10-2021, 10:25 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Long ago I already said how can this make sense? Add middlemen and still cheaper than get direct from SP. And some more so many middlemen to choose from.

correct. i was there running those machines.
In old days machines run at full capacity.
Now up and down no efficiency waste alot of Heat for nothing.

(14-10-2021, 10:29 PM)singlon Wrote:  correct. i was there running those machines.
In old days machines run at full capacity.
Now up and down no efficiency waste alot of Heat for nothing.

What machines are you talking about?

(14-10-2021, 10:21 PM)dynamite Wrote:  The ethics in our society is no good starting from the top.

I'm this case the govt did not regulate properly they should have insisted these companies have reserves to fulfil contract before signing customers

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Who say oil price got effect. When oil price was ard 40 your home bill didnt go down also. They are gangster. Gang together.

I already forsee this long ago. The new players will not last when the main supplier increased the price. All will inevitably have to follow. Switching is a waste of time

Why govt stay silent? Isn't they earn license fee when these operators tender to operate?

illegal lottery operators when they lose money will run road first

(14-10-2021, 10:33 PM)dynamite Wrote:  What machines are you talking about?

250 megawatt machines Generators
All try to run at hi prices.
Wat happen is another story.
U prepare and u only run at short time.
Down she goes and bringing her up again needs energy and resources.
u need to syn and put on load to system frequency
There is penalty for failure to deliver within time given.
Others will enjoy your failures.

(16-10-2021, 07:11 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I'm this case the govt did not regulate properly they should have insisted these companies have reserves to fulfil contract before signing customers

Do you think they bother?

Now you know why Singaporean were called Daft by someone. Never learning always assume they are wise but always get conned. Let you happy for a while to forget the flaws so you can blindly give them the vote!
Until now still many praise them for a good job!
Haizzzzz get burned still dunno why get burned. ZZzzZ

Another one goes down...this time Best.

If oil prices stayed down they would have laughed all the way to the bank at the expense of customers.

When out prices go up they see losses coming, they can fold and escape...customers go to high current rates supplied by Singapore Power

Basically regulators  allowed customers to  be  carrot head losers under these independent  providers. who do not need to fulfil contracts signed.

Lousy performance by the Singapore govt.

(21-10-2021, 12:34 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Another one goes down...this time Best.

If oil prices stayed down they would have laughed all the way to the bank at the expense of customers.

When out prices go up they see losses coming, they can fold and escape...customers go to high current rates supplied by Singapore Power

Basically regulators  allowed customers to  be  carrot head losers under these independent  providers. who do not need to fulfil contracts signed.

Lousy performance by the Singapore govt.

Gov. has no choice. the Reset to communism for UK for ex. begun in the 1600s.