Fresh grad says that after a year of slogging, she was only given $50 pay increment

Fresh grad says that after a year of slogging, she was only given $50 pay increment; boss says it’s “company policy”

https://theindependent.sg/fresh-grad-say...ny-policy/

This amount of increment was for diploma holders in the 1980s
[+] 1 user Likes Clyde's post

Now then they know? Thinking

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

A lot of management are bastards lah. Increment and bonuses only give themselves. Those below give peanuts. If company not making money, then they try all means to force people below to go instead of cutting their own pay
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(06-04-2023, 12:24 PM)winbig Wrote:  A lot of management are bastards lah. Increment and bonuses only give themselves. Those below give peanuts. If company not making money, then they try all means to force people below to go instead of cutting their own pay
Angry Angry Angry
[+] 1 user Likes babygirl's post

(06-04-2023, 10:23 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Fresh grad says that after a year of slogging, she was only given $50 pay increment; boss says it’s “company policy”

https://theindependent.sg/fresh-grad-say...ny-policy/

she should look for new jobs, not worth staying.
at least new job can ask for high pay.
staying back will be forever low pay.

Sounds like those Statutory Boards. Should leave.

Just take what you get and never ask for more.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Stat boards offer you high starting salaries but pay you miserable increments. The high starting salary should compensate for a miserable increment. Private sectors works the other way.

(06-04-2023, 03:15 PM)toothpick Wrote:  Stat boards offer you high starting salaries but pay you miserable increments. The high starting salary should compensate for a miserable increment. Private sectors works the other way.

Stat board can eat snake inside until retire and their welfare benefits are good. Married or old ppl work in stat board enjoy more. Young ppl plse go whack private more urgency and monies ok.