Freshly collected herbs

(20-09-2021, 07:27 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Hey, you know why my kaffir plant doesn't bear any fruits? I've had it for years but never once had a single fruit.

Yours may be male tree....... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(20-09-2021, 07:27 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Hey, you know why my kaffir plant doesn't bear any fruits? I've had it for years but never once had a single fruit.

You add any fertiliser?
I have the fruit every now and then the largest was about the size of a tennis ball. Any bigger it’ll drop to the ground.

tomorrow will be a better day

(20-09-2021, 07:31 PM)surfer Wrote:  You add any fertiliser?

Yah.. and the plant is growing very well, just no fruit.

(20-09-2021, 07:30 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Yours may be male tree....... Big Grin

I suspect so. But dunno whether there's such a thing or not.

(20-09-2021, 07:32 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I suspect so. But dunno whether there's such a thing or not.

Any flowers on the plant?

(20-09-2021, 07:32 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Yah.. and the plant is growing very well, just no fruit.

Apply those liquid fertiliser for flowering plants. Hopefully your plant will have flowers which will then be pollinated by insects to give you the kaffir lime .

(20-09-2021, 07:34 PM)surfer Wrote:  Any flowers on the plant?

No flowers at all Sad

(20-09-2021, 07:32 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I suspect so. But dunno whether there's such a thing or not.
A lot of trees are both male and female, so these types of trees have no bearing fruit problem.
However, there are also a lot of trees that are solely male or solely female. You cannot tell their genders until they bear flowers. The flowers give clues to whether they are male or female. ..... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

grown from seeds, or cloned from mother plant? from seeds will take 4 yrs or more, clones are faster.

besides long hrs of sunlight and good drainage, ferterlizers with phosphorous, potassium and a host of trace elements are needed. that's why commercial farming is easier to mass produce because chemical ferterlizers are cheap, whereas organic way very difficult. 

if the tree grows very well with plenty of leaves, too much nitrogen types of ferterlizers which inhibits the intakes of other nutrients

one trick you can try is to do ring cutting on the trunk

[Image: Screenshot-20210920-194940-Chrome.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

Either your soil no nutrients, or no sun or no water. Or can be more than one.

[Image: IMAG5913.jpg]

[Image: IMAG5912.jpg]

I have just collected some fresh vegetables for eating.