OYK : How S'pore will cope with ageing population...this is a wrong perspective!

The important  issue is not how Singapore will cope with ageing population BUT this:

How is the ageing going to cope in Singapore?

We are seeing a generation of elderly poor who have difficulty coping in Singaoore and policy makers have to address the challenges:

1. Make medical free for the elderly as many  an no longer afford or cope the high cost of medical.

2. Provide care for the elderly who need help. Many cannot afford care in nursing homes and their children are too poor to even support their own family hence are unable to support ageing parents. Financial assistance is needed for such families and govt has to provide care for elderly.
Such families can no longer cope as cost of living has escalated.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Just kill them off lor, this is wat WinBig MOH plp says all the time

Brainwash the hospital staff to accept such a scenario, not difficult at all

(13-06-2022, 08:43 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The important  issue is not how Singapore will cope with ageing population BUT this:

We are seeing a generation of elderly poor who have difficulty coping in Singaoore and policy makers have to address the challenges:

1. Make medical free for the elderly as many  an no longer afford or cope the high cost of medical.

2. Provide care for the elderly who need help. Many cannot afford care in nursing homes and their children are too poor to even support their own family hence are unable to support ageing parents. Financial assistance is needed for such families and govt has to provide care for elderly.

OYK should join SGX ..market confirm rocket !! Same same like dengue n covid

(13-06-2022, 08:43 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The important  issue is not how Singapore will cope with ageing population BUT this:

U smart issit? Knn

[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

(13-06-2022, 08:57 PM)EXBB Wrote:  OYK should join SGX ..market confirm rocket !! Same same like dengue n covid

On the same stretch of road you see a banner asking you not to kill mosquitoes as they are launching the geno modified male... A few lamppost away you see dengue code red alert a couple of weeks later... Lol

Amazing..

You seem not aware that the government subsidizes residents of nursing homes, and there are some who are single and destitute who stay there FREE OF CHARGE.

This is one of the reasons why we need to raise GST.

PS:   You should not post when you are ignorant of the facts.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(13-06-2022, 08:47 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Just kill them off lor, this is wat WinBig MOH plp says all the time

Brainwash the hospital staff to accept such a scenario, not difficult at all

I got say like that meh? U want to eat my stick? Rotfl

wait long long
free medical for us

I just chalk up 7.50
they start to change their registration system
app for payment

like cant wait to collect payment

nurse told me can accumulate since I am coming everyday
[+] 1 user Likes Talent's post

(13-06-2022, 10:03 PM)winbig Wrote:  I got say like that meh? U want to eat my stick? Rotfl

Now now, is this how MOH teaches you to engage the public?

(13-06-2022, 09:41 PM)Oyk Wrote:  You seem not aware that the government subsidizes residents of nursing homes, and there are some who are single and destitute who stay there FREE OF CHARGE.

Only fool like you will believe. Rotfl
Do you know how difficult to get the subsidy?
Do you know what is mean test?

Do you know how expensive is nursing home now?

Do you know why more and more laokokoks are staying in JB nursing home?

I got a friend who wants to get the subsidy even end up breaking tie with his siblings…
Not all children are filial when looking after sick parent.

https://www.aic.sg/resources/means-testing

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 2 users Like RiseofAsia's post

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/is-...johor-baru

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

Since the land belongs to all citizens . It should be offered free while you charge a basic medical , care giving and facility maintaining fee. It shouldn't be profiteering from citizens nearing to to graveyard.It should act as a public service . While those who desires to be atas , option to have private nursing home.

Sg is ageing fast, PRs are getting old as well.
Can centre lower medical cost? if not it better to
Lower limit of chemical , sugar, salty, veg oils use in food now,
it can improve the situation.
But doubt OYK and his mediocre experts will makes moves against big corp interests.

(13-06-2022, 10:44 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Only fool like you will believe. Rotfl

I got a friend who wants to get the subsidy even end up breaking tie with his siblings…

The answers to all your irrelevant questions are yes, yes, yes ....and yes.

And I will tell you what means test is.

It means (pun not intended) that if it costs $4000 a month, and you can only afford to pay $2200 a month, the government will pay the other $1800.  If you can afford all $4000, you get no subsidy.   If you have no money at all (destitute), you stay FREE OF CHARGE.  I am telling you facts. Believe or not that's up to you, I am not going to argue with someone who knows nuts.

People stay in JB because our nursing homes are either full, or if they still have beds, they don't have workers and are unable to take in more residents.   There is no choice.

The government is trying to double the number of elder care facilities by 2025.  That is very ambitious.  To do this, they need to also relax the quota to take in more foreign workers from Myanmar, India, Malaysia and the Philippines.  The countries in bold are currently our main sources of workers.

Do not act smart to argue when you don't know sheet, understand boy?  Rolleyes

(13-06-2022, 09:41 PM)Oyk Wrote:  You seem not aware that the government subsidizes residents of nursing homes, and there are some who are single and destitute who stay there FREE OF CHARGE.

Our medical costs have risen so much. It seems like we are blindly following US style of medical cost which is not sustainable. Singapore is not built by LKY blindly following the West.

He has devise a new plan to rob the elderly?

Vote them out easiest way but too late, many already being pampered and brainwashed to accept PAP policies.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

Actually I find all the medicines are to prelong their life that why more older people live longer

(14-06-2022, 06:47 AM)winbig Wrote:  Our medical costs have risen so much. It seems like we are blindly following US style of medical cost which is not sustainable. Singapore is not built by LKY blindly following the West.

The rise in healthcare costs has NOTHING to do with the US.

(14-06-2022, 08:22 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Vote them out easiest way but too late, many already being pampered and brainwashed to accept PAP policies.

In the early days, the voters were the PGs.

Later, the MGs joined when they turned 21.

Then, it was Gen X.

And Gen Y.

And then the zoomers voted also, in GE 2020.

You mean to say that PAP managed to "brainwash" every generation which the Oppo could not?

(14-06-2022, 10:22 AM)Oyk Wrote:  In the early days, the voters were the PGs.

Later, the MGs joined when they turned 21.

Then, it was Gen X.

And Gen Y.

And then the zoomers voted also, in GE 2020.

You mean to say that PAP managed to "brainwash" every generation which the Oppo could not?

Some were not brainwashed but pampered with goodies.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(14-06-2022, 10:27 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Some were not brainwashed but pampered with goodies.

Who pampered them?

If you are referring to the help the government gave to all citizens as "goodies" then you are just being unreasonable.  

The government is helping the people, but you want to twist it and call it goodies,.

Anyway, those "goodies" are not even worth what a zoomer can earn in a month, and the starting salary these days is about $2000 a month.  Who here has a son or daughter who received $2000 from the government? Kee chiu.

So, don't think the government use $$$$ to buy votes.  This is not Malaysia.

Our zoomers are not that gullible as you seem to think.  They are smart, OK?.................although there are still the daft among them, as there are in every generation.

Don’t welcome too old foreigners to be citizens
Tiny island no more land to build homes for the aged.
Occupied by flats.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

Moving to JB/KL ..lower cost of living

(13-06-2022, 10:44 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Only fool like you will believe. Rotfl

Their means test beri rigid. Make you jump through hoops and still fall short. Got hear many pple suan the system.

PAP created the problem themselves

They made healthy people jobless 

and of course, no income for 9 or 15 years to grow their medisave

So, they must subsidize more & more

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post