lives being dictate by biz people
as if
eat what no choice
take tpt no choice
so chum
might as well jump down.
Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up
[+] 1 user Likes babygirl's post

the uncle should go take mrt or bus since it is not mid nite.

Taxi all along have competition due to Grab, etc PHV.

already snatch passengers.

I shall say be it Taxi drive or PHV both sides got owned by GOV as usual backend Collect taxes , Grab CEO also happy
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

i worked in cbd area.
it is true that getting taxi especially after 12am is extremely difficult.
there is literally no taxi, so can forget about flag down taxi (unless very lucky the taxi change shift).
there is almost zero chance if you call and try to book a cab.
however, if call flat rate charges (usually it will be double the flare), you will be able to get one easily.

(02-05-2022, 07:01 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  i worked in cbd area.
there is literally no taxi, so can forget about flag down taxi (unless very lucky the taxi change shift).
however, if call flat rate charges (usually it will be double the flare), you will be able to get one easily.

Honestly speaking I don't mind pay Extra come Public transports if they operate 24hours I even don't mind they get even more Malaysian , PRC, beside locals drivers as when going to operate 24hours , you need more drivers take shift works, then other misc expenses backend will be increase due to 24hr operation.

In fact Bus got night rider I not sure still have? But only cater for certain routes.

(02-05-2022, 07:10 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Honestly speaking I don't mind pay Extra come Public transports if they operate 24hours I even don't mind they get even more Malaysian , PRC, beside locals drivers as when going to operate 24hours , you need more drivers take shift works, then other misc expenses backend will be increase due to 24hr operation.

In fact Bus got night rider I not sure still have? But only cater for certain routes.

i think night rider still have , only certain route.
but then, even more taxis on the road, they know, they play pick and choose passengers.

Many taxi uncles may have early retirement due to the quiet pandemic. Those passengers must give some time for new taxis to enter the market this year.

Now with MRTs …. the need to taxis is lessen 
Anyway, good consumers cancel, this will make them consider lowering the price … market dictate

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

too expensive to take taxi. no more taking anymore. only tourist takes.
[+] 1 user Likes jus4lucky's post

with the open up, ktvs, discos, etc...everybody will definately enjoying past mid nite.
and it is not easy to get a cab.
once i have to walk all the way back home from office.

(02-05-2022, 07:37 PM)jus4lucky Wrote:  too expensive to take taxi. no more taking anymore. only tourist takes.

Sometimes you also will take of course is not always, like Urgent matters need to go that place fast will get taxi rather take MRT or bus.

to save, try not to go back after midnite.
11pm, better quick grab mrt or bus back home.

Nowadays, taxi drivers have become choosy again ...not on his way, he will refuse to fetch u.

Need another pandemic to teach these idiots a bitter lesson.
[+] 1 user Likes Yin yang's post

Last night , surprisingly at cbd around 9pm, managed to get a cab via flat rate booking and the flare drop to reasonable fare.
Why?
Cos that area , less people book cab,

(02-05-2022, 07:01 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  i worked in cbd area.

gov has a hand in many business. if it is profitable we see glc deep their hand in.
for point to point transport profitable part at the moment is import tax, coe, road tax, erp and petrol tax, and side ways traffic fine.
when electric car is in the petrol tax will have to be changed into other form. currently looks like electric charging station and mobile erp on per km travel (just like combine petrol tax and erp as the rate can be location and distance base) wait to see how it developed.
autonomous driving may removed traffic control to become more obsolete in time as there is no need enforcement any more.

MRT and bus for midnight trip is good ideas.. charge higher but worth ?