Tan Chuan-Jin posts Rules For Conduct after telling PSP NCMP Leong Mun down

Tan Chuan-Jin posts Rules For Conduct after telling PSP NCMP Leong Mun Wai to sit down in Parliament on Jan 11

https://theindependent.sg/tan-chuan-jin-...on-jan-11/

Maybe he got feedback that he shouldn’t be so biased Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

He is the LJ that my friend and I spoke to about "Foreign Trash" when he was Minister of Manpower.

His reply was that MOM does not manage the Quality of FTs.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(21-01-2022, 08:10 AM)Ola Wrote:  He is the LJ that my friend and I spoke to about "Foreign Trash" when he was Minister of Manpower.

Without this  clown, you would not know Sg has rotten. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

He knows people do not like him and he is in same GRC team as ET.
[+] 3 users Like dynamite's post

Quote:. I think the real issue is how we debate and not how many persons on the other side who can tackle Hazel and I. In that sense, I felt unfulfilled at times when the Parliamentary processes are not adequate to allow the alternative views to be enunciated properly to allow a lively and substantive debate.

Like the recently concluded Ministerial Statement, the aim seems to be to allow them to state their position rather than allowing a debate. They did not even answer our PQs or my debate questions”, he added.

Mr Leong added that the manner in which he was answered did not affect him, but “the fact that they did not answer the points directly (although they keep asking me to confirm this and confirm that) making the debate not engaging and substantive”.

8Umbrella Umbrella
[+] 3 users Like klat's post

(21-01-2022, 07:18 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Maybe he got feedback that he shouldn’t be so biased Laughing

I suspect this to be so also.....

(21-01-2022, 08:41 AM)debono Wrote:  I suspect this to be so also.....

You go back and sit down. No more questions from you.

He dont want to work overtime ma. So he prefers to shut him up to finish before time. What is the point of debate then???

No wonder every bill passed without debate. All yes sir, no problem sir

8Umbrella Umbrella
[+] 2 users Like klat's post

(21-01-2022, 07:18 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Maybe he got feedback that he shouldn’t be so biased Laughing

No need to feedback bah. GO internet that discuss about parliament, all point towards him. I respect him no more
[+] 2 users Like kc172021's post

(21-01-2022, 08:10 AM)Ola Wrote:  He is the LJ that my friend and I spoke to about "Foreign Trash" when he was Minister of Manpower.

Haha He was telling the truth that we have so many now with fake degrees that they are defending. Thank him for being so honest
[+] 1 user Likes kc172021's post

The will go after LMW in any way they can due to this position on the CECA and free trade issues.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(21-01-2022, 09:10 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The will go after LMW in any way they can due to this position on the CECA and free trade issues.

The speaker of the house should preferably be a person with no political party affiliation, cos if the speaker of the house is leaning towards the ruling party, no fairness is expected..
[+] 4 users Like debono's post

Which joker asked for Constructive Politics? Then now, trying to restrict depth in discussion.

PAP is really Rojak Prata.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(21-01-2022, 10:22 AM)Ola Wrote:  Which joker asked for Constructive Politics? Then now, trying to restrict depth in discussion.

PAP is really Rojak Prata.

You can say that again...... Clapping

Like that PAP uses Rules For Parliamentary Conduct to silence the opposition liao. So next time if oppy brings up anything to speak, the Speaker can just tell him to shut the F...k up and sit down if the matter is not in favor of the ruling party........ Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

(21-01-2022, 11:22 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Like that PAP uses Rules For Parliamentary Conduct to silence the opposition liao. So next time if oppy brings up anything to speak, the Speaker can just tell him to shut the F...k up and sit down if the matter is not in favor of the ruling party........ Big Grin

Moving forward, that could be the case........
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

There is a law in in US where a congressman will be allowed to speak, as long as he can continue non stop.

Yes, if that guy can talk continuously for 24hrs, no one can ask him to sit down.

We are still far behind in that aspect.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 3 users Like ArielCasper's post

(21-01-2022, 12:16 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  There is a law in in US where a congressman will be allowed to speak, as long as he can continue non stop.

Yes, if that guy can talk continuously for 24hrs, no one can ask him to sit down.

This leads to a filibuster, very common tactic in congress.

(21-01-2022, 12:23 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  This leads to a filibuster, very common tactic in congress.

Yup. It is a weapon for the minority to prevent the majority from bulldoze their way, which is happening in Singapore for a long time.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

In the first place what is Parliament now a days ....Look how empty is it, i always see now is like a place go " Give annocement , read blindly from script like give report "

(21-01-2022, 12:16 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  There is a law in in US where a congressman will be allowed to speak, as long as he can continue non stop.

(21-01-2022, 12:23 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  This leads to a filibuster, very common tactic in congress.

When a person is a filibuster in Parliament, then it is unfair to all MPs who wants to  speak, but cannot do so when another MP is a  filibuster.....

(21-01-2022, 01:09 PM)debono Wrote:  When a person is a filibuster in Parliament, then it is unfair to all MPs who wants to  speak, but cannot do so when another MP is a  filibuster.....

Then the session is extended until all mps who want to speak are done with their talking, why not?

(21-01-2022, 02:57 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Then the session is extended until all mps who want to speak are done with their talking, why not?
Then the Parliament session will have to go overtime, and all MPs have to sleep in the Parliament house till midnight.......

(21-01-2022, 03:02 PM)debono Wrote:  Then the Parliament session will have to go overtime, and all MPs have to sleep in the Parliament house till midnight.......

Trust me. Once it's happen, everyone will make sure it won't happen again. If not, how is the minority going to make the majority hear them out.

(21-01-2022, 03:02 PM)debono Wrote:  Then the Parliament session will have to go overtime, and all MPs have to sleep in the Parliament house till midnight.......

Why not? The MPs have to start doing something to earn that kind of allowance. I hope this will happen more frequently.