Funeral director gets culpable homicide charge downgraded to abetting suicide

Lydia Lam

26 Oct 2021 02:54PM
(Updated: 26 Oct 2021 03:24PM)

She now faces two charges: First, for abetting Mr Wee's suicide at the car park on May 16, 2020, and second, for obstructing the course of justice.

She is accused of turning the valve of a tank of nitrogen gas, then abetting Mr Wee to take his own life using the gas.

She is also accused of obstructing the course of justice on the afternoon of May 16, 2020, in three ways: By requesting a Lawrence Cheo Oon Hui to drive a van away from the car park when it contained the tank of nitrogen gas; by disposing of a bag used in the suicide; and by falsely informing a police officer that Mr Wee had told Cher he had chest discomfort for two weeks and that Cher believed Mr Wee died of a heart attack.

The penalty for abetting suicide is a jail term of up to 10 years and a fine. For obstructing the course of justice, an offender can be jailed up to seven years, fined, or both.

Had Cher been convicted of culpable homicide not amounting to murder, she could have faced either life imprisonment, or 20 years' jail and a fine. She cannot be caned as she is a woman.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...rt-2268887

Abetting suicide . . or more possible she killed Mr Wee herself?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Death penalty!

Similar in plot to this Taiwan drama. The Ruby Lin character.

[Image: 1*kCYAc5AH1bdINfbyt5BbGQ.jpeg]

Euthanasia........should be highly commended instead.

woo what happen? 中邪?

It's a very strange story with many hard to explain parts.

1. Why would victim go to ex-GF to ask her to assist him to kill himself? Why involve her? Wouldn't it scar her emotionally for life to be involved?

2. Why would she agree to something like that?

3. Supposed relationship is strained. ...and both hate each other. You wouldn't ask the person you hate to help you kill yourself... if they still love each other it also does not make sense.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(26-10-2021, 04:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It's a very strange story with many hard to explain parts.

1. Why would  victim go to ex-GF to ask her to assist him to kill himself? Why involve her? Wouldn't it scar her emotionally for life to be involved?

2. Why would she agree to something like that?

3. Supposed relationship is strained. ...and both hate each other. You wouldn't ask the person you hate to help you kill yourself... if they still love each other it also does not make sense.

Difficult for virgin like u to understand

Smile

only 3 letter WTF

Black widow type woman. Scary. Why did the victim kill himself and how could she partake of it....