SITC International stock HK1308...what is the catch?

Given stock valuation is so low, I assume it is some.kind of value trap and tried to dig out. Maybe debt serving issues ...may be industry collapse. Maybe loss of major client.

I can find any...I must be missing something. Is the HK market just so crazy bearish investors just throw stocks away?

There is a slow down in the shipping industry but it js just one of its regular cycles and other players are not valued so low.

Post this to revisit some time later ...hope to learn something

[Image: Pz91YWj.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

P/E ratio

Div yield
24.36%

Rising dividends and reasonable payout ratios
Probably cannot sustain at such a high rate but dividends will still be good.

[Image: cpAHoAG.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

The company has a net positive  liquid asset position.

SITC International Holdings had liabilities of US$519.3m due within 12 months and liabilities of US$465.9m due beyond that. Offsetting this, it had US$1.24b in cash and US$236.0m in receivables that were due within 12 months. So it actually has US$488.0m more liquid assets than total liabilities.

I find many such HK companies that appear mispriced they were already mispriced in Sep 2022 but came and fell even more in Oct.

It's like going to Carousell and buying something where seller posted low price just to get rid of it without checking market price. Or it can also be seller knows something is wrong with the goods and hides it from you.

I found this dividends greatest hits list for HK stock.
Many are banks and property which we know the actual concerns and problems. Others are in Telcom which is a reasonably stable business and some in power and infrastructure.

Probably u need to filter of to find which have sustainable dividends and remove those in property sector because the govt is clear they will not let the property market run up too much.

[Image: SYu4ccF.jpg]