GST voucher and Senior bonus credit into OCBC at 1am

(05-06-2023, 04:47 PM)Oyk Wrote:  If the 39% die it's ok.  Rolleyes

So you are one of those dumb 61% sheep that are lead to the slaughter?

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

(06-06-2023, 12:21 PM)surfer Wrote:  So you are one of those dumb 61% sheep that are lead to the slaughter?

I had never felt being slaughtered or slaughtered.

PM Lee led the country through crisis after crisis.  Different times call for different leadership.   PM Lee's style would not work in the chaotic 1960s but LKY's style would not work today either.

Both father and son were equally matched in terms of their ability though LKY had a much more imposing posture due to his physical built while PM Lee walks with an awkward gait which some say looks girlish.

Like LKY, PM Lee understood what Singapore's SWOT were.  There were things we could not compete or could no longer compete, since already 30 to 40 years ago with China's opening.  We had to upskill or reskill, but not everybody could do so fast enough.  It did cause some hardship, but it was not PM Lee or even GCT who caused this.  It was China which caused it.

I am sure many among the 39% know all these, they don't need me to tell them, but they chose to bark at the wrong tree along with those who didn't know what was really happening around the world which made us lose old jobs, and unable to excel in new ones which were knowledge-based.

I am convicted that I had voted wisely.  I am grateful to PM Lee for leading us safely through the storms.

Reply on your behalf --->  plp doggie, go collect your wumao.  Woof woof!  nudie

(06-06-2023, 12:39 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Like LKY, PM Lee understood what Singapore's SWOT were.  There were things we could not compete or could no longer compete, since already 30 to 40 years ago with China's opening.  We had to upskill or reskill, but not everybody could do so fast enough.  It did cause some hardship, but it was not PM Lee or even GCT who caused this.  It was China which caused it.

Spoken like a true PAP lackey. Quick to blame others for their failure and number 1 to take credit.
[+] 2 users Like Blasterlord2's post

(06-06-2023, 12:40 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Spoken like a true PAP lackey. Quick to blame others for their failure and number 1 to take credit.

In the para which followed, I mentioned that many among the 39% know all these.

And I was not having you in mind wen I referred to "many among the 39%"

Lots of factories in Penang (the industrial capital of Malaysia) closed down when even Malaysia could not compete with China despite their low wages vis-a-vis Singapore's.  And Singapore of course had no way of retaining or stopping those companies from moving out.  Tuas, Jurong...so many factories had a "For Rent" or "For Sale" signboard hanging at the gate outside.

Back in the 1970s, engineering was the course to go for.  Never mind if it was mechanical engineering, civil engineering or triple E.  You were assured of getting hired as soon as you graduated, and there was no shiat stuff in those days as "intern".  You were hired, placed on a three months' probation, and if you didn't make a serious enough blunder, you should be conspermed by the end of the 3rd month. Life was good.

Even if you didn't finish primary school, you could still find a job as a machine operator or factory hand.  When China opened up, MNCs found our factory hands way too sexpensive.  Why so?  because the Chinese were willing to work for USD 1 a day in sweatshops.  I repeat, USD1 a day!  No Singaporean would work for that kind of salary.    So, the government had to find new jobs for them.  Retraining, lifelong learning blah blah blah.  Have you ever conducted a training class for adults with less than a primary school education before? It's not easy.  

You can bury your head in the sand in denial, but that does not change the fact of the dynamics, the forces which changed the whole world order when China opened up.  If you still don't get it, go and see Jamus for a free lecture on economics.  Rolleyes

(06-06-2023, 12:57 PM)Oyk Wrote:  In the para which followed, I mentioned that many among the 39% know all these.

And I was not having you in mind wen I referred to "many among the 39%"

Lots of factories in Penang (the industrial capital of Malaysia) closed down when even Malaysia could not compete with China despite their low wages vis-a-vis Singapore's.  And Singapore of course had no way of retaining or stopping those companies from moving out.  Tuas, Jurong...so many factories had a "For Rent" or "For Sale" signboard hanging at the gate outside.

Back in the 1970s, engineering was the course to go for.  Never mind if it was mechanical engineering, civil engineering or triple E.  You were assured of getting hired as soon as you graduated, and there was no shiat stuff in those days as "intern".  You were hired, placed on a three months' probation, and if you didn't make a serious enough blunder, you should be conspermed by the end of the 3rd month. Life was good.

Even if you didn't finish primary school, you could still find a job as a machine operator or factory hand.  When China opened up, MNCs found our factory hands way too sexpensive.  Why so?  because the Chinese were willing to work for USD 1 a day in sweatshops.  I repeat, USD1 a day!  No Singaporean would work for that kind of salary.    So, the government had to find new jobs for them.  Retraining, lifelong learning blah blah blah.  Have you ever conducted a training class for adults with less than a primary school education before? It's not easy.  

You can bury your head in the sand in denial, but that does not change the fact of the dynamics, the forces which changed the whole world order when China opened up.  If you still don't get it, go and see Jamus for a free lecture on economics.  Rolleyes

If you want to blame other countries for their cheap labour then you're never going to succeed. And worse still, you're begrudging other countries for their success and expecting them to stand still for you. I don't need to listen to Jamus but you definitely ought to grow up.

The current PAP is just riding on past success and taking shortcuts whenever they can. I've no issue with taking shortcuts but you've got to build a strong foundation while doing it. Look at China. They take shortcuts by having joint partnerships with foreign companies which are much stronger than them. They subsequently learnt and improved to the extent that they're now able to hold their own internationally.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(06-06-2023, 01:11 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  If you want to blame other countries for their cheap labour then you're never going to succeed. And worse still, you're begrudging other countries for their success and expecting them to stand still for you. I don't need to listen to Jamus but you definitely ought to grow up.

The current PAP is just riding on past success and taking shortcuts whenever they can. I've no issue with taking shortcuts but you've got to build a strong foundation while doing it. Look at China. They take shortcuts by having joint partnerships with foreign companies which are much stronger than them. They subsequently learnt and improved to the extent that they're now able to hold their own internationally.

"Blaming" is your word, the usual sly playing with words of the 39%.

China's opening up is a fact, and factories leaving Singapore for cheaper labour there is a fact.

It is not blaming.  It's critical thinking, something that's obviously beyond you.

Your second para is hogwash, to which I shan't respond other than to say you don't write like someone who had worked in a high position in any company before. Your level of thinking is at the best of magnanimity junior executive.  Rolleyes

give jiken wing take back whole jiken later.

now I know where to get 800
plus 700 payout to buy handphone

this month also silver payout

so only short 80 not 800

who can lend me 80

(06-06-2023, 07:05 PM)Talent Wrote:  now I know where to get 800

so only short 80 not 800

who can lend me 80

Maybe you can sell backside? Tiagong kinchio kar got opening but need to consperm with walaneh. I mean cheekopekman Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(06-06-2023, 07:05 PM)Talent Wrote:  now I know where to get 800

so only short 80 not 800

who can lend me 80

what benefit I get ?

piak raw ?

(06-06-2023, 07:42 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Maybe you can sell backside? Tiagong kinchio kar got opening but need to consperm with walaneh. I mean cheekopekman Big Grin

Tor Tiap $80 instead  Rotfl

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(06-06-2023, 07:42 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Maybe you can sell backside? Tiagong kinchio kar got opening but need to consperm with walaneh. I mean cheekopekman Big Grin

Waleneh is a rich uncle with a big house and millions in cpf

(06-06-2023, 12:39 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I had never felt being slaughtered or slaughtered.

PM Lee led the country through crisis after crisis.  Different times call for different leadership.   PM Lee's style would not work in the chaotic 1960s but LKY's style would not work today either.

Both father and son were equally matched in terms of their ability though LKY had a much more imposing posture due to his physical built while PM Lee walks with an awkward gait which some say looks girlish.

Like LKY, PM Lee understood what Singapore's SWOT were.  There were things we could not compete or could no longer compete, since already 30 to 40 years ago with China's opening.  We had to upskill or reskill, but not everybody could do so fast enough.  It did cause some hardship, but it was not PM Lee or even GCT who caused this.  It was China which caused it.

I am sure many among the 39% know all these, they don't need me to tell them, but they chose to bark at the wrong tree along with those who didn't know what was really happening around the world which made us lose old jobs, and unable to excel in new ones which were knowledge-based.

I am convicted that I had voted wisely.  I am grateful to PM Lee for leading us safely through the storms.

Reply on your behalf --->  plp doggie, go collect your wumao.  Woof woof!  nudie

Don’t need you to reply on my behalf. Plp did. You can bark everyday at passers by.

tomorrow will be a better day

Must also thanks to our president Mdm Halimah for using another key to open the safe draw out reserve.
[+] 1 user Likes ysh02's post

Why mention me leh?  Thinking

(07-06-2023, 06:23 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Why mention me leh?  Thinking

Tiagong you okt mah Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(07-06-2023, 06:36 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Tiagong you okt mah Big Grin

Mai luangong hor! Big Grin Kua Chwee Kia nia lah!

(07-06-2023, 06:38 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Mai luangong hor! Big Grin Kua Chwee Kia nia lah!

Mai keh keh Laughing

(06-06-2023, 08:35 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  what benefit I get ?

piak raw ?

This is benefit ?