GST will be extended to goods worth $400 or less imported by air/post from 1 Jan 2023

Choo Yun Ting
PUBLISHED 9 HOURS AGO

SINGAPORE - The goods and services tax (GST) will be extended to low-value goods worth $400 or less imported by air or post, and imported business-to-consumer (B2C) non-digital services from Jan 1, 2023.

This will level the playing field for local businesses, Second Minister for Finance Indranee Rajah said

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/p...ying-field

(03-11-2021, 07:25 AM)Levin Wrote:  Choo Yun Ting
PUBLISHED 9 HOURS AGO

SINGAPORE - The goods and services tax (GST) will be extended to low-value goods worth $400 or less imported by air or post, and imported business-to-consumer (B2C) non-digital services from Jan 1, 2023.

This will level the playing field for local businesses, Second Minister for Finance Indranee Rajah said

Take $$$ from the poor she still can say until 理直气壮, 不怕被雷劈! Instead of Big CR, they take from us...Song Boh!

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Greedy govt. No wonder we see Karma happening to them

Really must vote them out . 
No result and only can keep taxing citizen. lives will be harder.

The word GST shd change to WGST.
World Good and Service Tax. Rotfl

There may be an extended version.
Probably, Next time you go overseas to buy things during holiday will also be taxed....Song Boh!
The sellers will ask you, you sinkies, sorry got to tax 9% more...

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

just declare no value!

There is no other way.
Only cannibalism
Biden 1.75T rejected

Quickly tax those selling their wares in e- commence..Why still waiting? Fair to retail operators?

(03-11-2021, 07:35 AM)menghuii Wrote:  just declare no value!
Not no value lah.
Say it is a sample or free gift.

(03-11-2021, 07:25 AM)Levin Wrote:  Choo Yun Ting
PUBLISHED 9 HOURS AGO

This should have been done to help retail business a decade ago. These ministers are really very lousy in quality.

All the time think of how to take from the poor and middle classes but come to pandemic cannot resolve keep using blaming games.
[+] 2 users Like Cmpunk's post

lol, are you sure level the playing ground or just another excuse to collect more revenue? its a no brainer math

(03-11-2021, 07:42 AM)Sline Wrote:  Quickly tax those selling their wares in e- commence..Why still waiting? Fair to retail operators?

If you say tax already go and help retail operators, maybe you can say it is fair since it level the playing field.

But our govt has a habit of taking money for any reason, but will not pass the money collected to the one who is on the losing end (in this case retail operator)..

Any classic example is a car/bike/PMD knocked down a person and causing serious and long term injury. Court fine the driver and the money collected to go the state and not a single cent go to the victim. Want money from the driver, victim have to pay from their own pocket to sue themselves, without any assistance from govt.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

SMLJ using CCBAI to talk?

GST on these low -value goods will be a "LEVEL playing field"?

Sounds exactly like Fair Framework to promote discrimination against locals, and for this instance against local business.

Why so desperate for money?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers?