MNACT...why are people chasing when price has been fixed

The absorption of MNACT by MCT to form a larger reit was approved recently. 
The agreed price will be 1.1949.

It is strange that investors are now chasing the counter at  1.20, with thousands of lots done at 1.21.

Anyone can explain the logic?

No smart Alec here can explain....lol

Mind are fixed lor.😅 So cannot think rightly.

(25-05-2022, 04:13 PM)hansamu Wrote:  No smart Alec here can explain....lol

Thot some gurus here can explain.

think understand the logic now.
buy mnact sure can get 1.1949. ie cannot loose more than that. since there is cash option.
if market should turn around during this period and mct go pass $2. then can take option to change into full mct. ie cannot loose transactions with upside potential until
the option of what to change into is from 5 jul to 19 jul.
so the little bit of cost above 1.1949 is much cheaper then buying a call options.
anyone correct me if got better reasons.

(25-05-2022, 09:46 AM)hansamu Wrote:  The absorption of MNACT by MCT to form a larger reit was approved recently. 
The agreed price will be 1.1949.

It is strange that investors are now chasing the counter at  1.20, with thousands of lots done at 1.21.

Anyone can explain the logic?

Since you sound so agitated at people buying at above offer price....let me try to use the coffee shops explanation to appease you abit...

I actually posted at length in some other forums some time ago, but some points already not relevant since now is over the last quarterly dpu payout...so I m left with 2 simpal explanation...

1. You must remember, once upon a time, this stock was the darling of the market, with prices traded constantly between $1.30 to 1.40. So for those who got in at this high price or even at $1.20 plus, and been holding until now: you have two choices, cut loss or average down.
So now, as one of the offers is a cash offer priced as $1.1949, it cannot go lower than this price. So if you want to average down, you can only get in the market at between $1.20 and 1.21. Any price below $1,195 will be makaned by MI, so it’s impossible to get the offer price of $1.195 or below. Those who average down and keep the shares until merger in August, are also those who also hope that by the time, the merger is effected, MCT prices would rise above merger valuation of $2.00, which is not impossible because this is one of the best REIT commercial,stock. If that happens they would gain from having average down 

2. Second, after the merger, those owning MNACT units which be entitled to a cleanup distribution estimated to be between 2.5 to 3 cents. So if you, say, buy at $1.20, and the clean up distribution is 2.5 cents that’s the difference of a gain of 2 cents. Now if you are small timer, than no point going in. But if you a BB, and buy in lots of 200 lots or 300 lots or 500 lots, then that’s a lot of money to make from now to August which is only 3 months. Where to earn $4000 for a capital layout for 200 lots? Also this form of trading activity is usually done by the brokers, financial houses, because not only they gain this for their clients ( or themselves) it adds to their brokerage fees and trading activity which they pocket.

When the black market players buy they never say why; when they sell, they never tell. ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT.

No guru here ah?    

No one can explain?   

I thought it is compulsory take over at 1.1949. It seems to be not the case. If so, no one would pay 1.20 or 1.21 to buy for something at value of 1.1949.

Anyway, I bought it at 63c in 2020 March. They pay dividend  at 6.7c which is more than 10% return. I take it as keep an FD of 10% interest.   

Just imagine where can u get interest of 10% for FD at any banks?  

A remisier told me that funds are buying up because they have too much liquidity. 

I don't  find it sensible,  just take it with a pinch of salt.

I found this stock give me a half-year dividend of 3.4c in my bank account last week.  

(25-05-2022, 06:15 PM)webinarian Wrote:  I thought it is compulsory take over at 1.1949. It seems to be not the case. If so, no one would pay 1.20 or 1.21 to buy for something at value of 1.1949.

Anyway, I bought it at 63c in 2020 March. They pay dividend  at 67c which is more than 10% return. I take it as keep an FD of 10% interest.   

Just imagine where can u get interest of 10% for FD at any banks?  

At 63 cents, a really good catch!
IPO price was 93c.

(25-05-2022, 06:19 PM)hansamu Wrote:  At 63 cents, a really good catch!
IPO price was 93c.

The dividend I got for 2021 is 6.7c which is more than 10% for my purchase price 63c in Mar 2020.  

mapletree com has fallen to 1.75/1.76 level today. to me that is a good price to buy for long term div income.
plus there is a good chance that it will float up to above $2 after the whole merger.
more tourist arriving. more footfall from office workers returning to office in greater southern waterfront. active departure and arrival at singapore cruise center again.
dyodd.

(26-05-2022, 10:22 AM)sclim Wrote:  mapletree com has fallen to 1.75/1.76 level today. to me that is a good price to buy for long term div income.
plus there is a good chance that it will float up to above $2 after the whole merger.
more tourist arriving. more footfall from office workers returning to office in greater southern waterfront. active departure and arrival at singapore cruise center again.
dyodd.

Sounds sensible...agree.