George Goh business worth $3.5B but Ithey will disqualify him based on what he said.

Quote:Goh’s press statement said companies he owned and acquired, including some which were listed in Singapore and the United Kingdom, had a collective market capitalisation value of S$3.15 billion.

Quote:“This is especially so, given the President’s role in checking the Government in the two important areas concerned with the national reserves and key public office appointments,” Goh said.

You read the above. He openly declare that he will be independent and not be yes man. He may also not approve all appointments made by the PAP.

Quote:“All four of Singapore’s past elected presidents were political appointment holders or from the public sector. It is time to have a truly independent person with a pair of fresh eyes to play the role the elected president was created for,” he said.

The PAP regime does not want some one independent to be president who will question its decisions for the people.

They will not risk allowing George Goh to run and potentially defeat Tharman. If that happens, there will be a psychological flip switch that the PAP can be defeated at the next GE.

They will disqualify him.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

.talking is one thing, doing it is another

Why Mr Goh didn't opposed his appointment as a non resident ambassador to Morocco while toe along PAPs policy and directives ?

How the Govt do that to disqualify him ?...

(13-06-2023, 05:34 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  How the Govt do that to disqualify him ?...

maybe claim he didn't serve NS (he is ex malaysian).

(13-06-2023, 04:52 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You read the above. He openly declare that he will be independent and not be yes man. He may also not approve all appointments made by the PAP.

The PAP regime does not want some one independent to be president who will question its decisions for the people.

They will not risk allowing George Goh to run and potentially defeat Tharman. If that happens, there will be a psychological flip switch that the PAP can be defeated at the next GE.

Let's qualify him to show Tharman is better person to be selected by citizens to be next president

(13-06-2023, 07:24 AM)Oasis Wrote:  Let's qualify him to show Tharman is better person to be selected by citizens to be next president

That's likely the script.

(13-06-2023, 05:34 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  How the Govt do that to disqualify him ?...

Easy. He must manage a company with shareholder funds of at least $500m for 3 years. He did not achieve this.

He says he owns several biz with $1.3 bn but that's different from managing.

It is a grey area that they can attack him on.

(13-06-2023, 04:52 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You read the above. He openly declare that he will be independent and not be yes man. He may also not approve all appointments made by the PAP.

Who says that the president's job is to question the government?

Show me which part of the constitution says so.

(13-06-2023, 09:57 AM)RichDad Wrote:  Easy. He must manage a company with shareholder funds of at least $500m for 3 years.  He did not achieve this.

I wonder if being Chairman is considered managing or not managing position. He created these companies from nothing but he hands over to proteges midway and takes up position of chairman rather than ceo.

My feel is any argument they van make to get rid of him as a competitor to Tharman they will do it.

But logically a person who grow assets from nothing to 3B and oversees it as chairman is more than qualified compared with people like Halimah.

The concept of "fairness" is non existent among elite leaders.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(13-06-2023, 09:57 AM)RichDad Wrote:  Easy. He must manage a company with shareholder funds of at least $500m for 3 years.  He did not achieve this.

inside voting station is not within the boundary of voting station theory applied.

(13-06-2023, 07:24 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  maybe claim he didn't serve NS (he is ex malaysian).

If someone has proof he molested a Han from Singapore Laughing

He manages a holding company with assets worth more than 500M.

HAHA you think so??? is it not  better to have opponent to prove one is more worth it than just walk over?? Rotfl