George Yeo: I am pro-China

(24-08-2022, 06:46 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  If you want to know their characteristic, watch this clip!
I pity vodafone.

https://youtu.be/KewOilGLMNo

From my friendship with ceca, they are nice people. But when come to dealing, very calculative and penny pincher. Good and bad but frustrating Laughing

Smile

(24-08-2022, 06:49 PM)Niubee Wrote:  From my friendship with ceca, they are nice people. But when come to dealing, very calculative and penny pincher. Good and bad but frustrating Laughing

GY is like a nice guy....who never want to bad mouth even when dealing with the worst kind.

That's why he chose to walkout from a Snake pit in 2016 Tongue

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/politics/...as-nalanda

(24-08-2022, 06:06 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Hmmm....You seems to share similar impression when comes to CECA vs CCP..  In the TODAY's article. GY was quoted:

"In war and peace, at the top, people may not want war. At the bottom, things happen and leaders are pulled by mass emotions, particularly in boisterous democracies like India and US

China is much more disciplined, they control the media, they can lower public temperature, if they have to. They can raise it, if they need to...

But in the West and India, sometimes you are led by public emotions.
I don't know how GY see it.. I only trust my own eyes..

So much so that it make business sense to open a Global Indian International School in Sinkie land.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(24-08-2022, 11:14 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  I don't know how GY see it.. I only trust my own eyes..
So much so that it make business sense to open a Global Indian International School in Sinkie land.

Certainly it makes "business sense" to welcome "international schools" to be setup in the hub of SEA, since their students & curriculum are never intended to be part of "Singapore's Core" nor serve OUR interests.

That nicely brings us back on why GY suggested setting up SAP University and polytechnics to prepare for a world that will be far far less Anglo-centric than the era when 南洋大学 was unceremoniously shut down.

[Image: %25E5%258D%2597%25E6%25B4%258B%25E5%25A4...D%25A6.png]

(25-08-2022, 12:45 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Certainly it makes "business sense" to welcome "international schools" to be setup in the hub of SEA, since their students & curriculum are never intended to be part of "Singapore's Core" nor serve OUR interests.

That nicely brings us back on why GY suggested setting up SAP University and polytechnics to prepare for a world that will be far far less Anglo-centric than the era when 南洋大学 was unceremoniously shut down.

[Image: %25E5%258D%2597%25E6%25B4%258B%25E5%25A4...D%25A6.png]
My point is I heard of US International School, Australia International School, British Council (Not that I heard of Britain/UK International School), Canadian International School, International French School etc..But I don't think there is a Chinese International School..

Since local will not be studying in Global Indian International School, meaning the business must come from the CECA in Sinkie land.. And in order to be able to afford to study in GIIS, the parents must be holding pretty good jobs, and that are those good jobs which Sinkie is supposed to take up, which bring me back to my signature "I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps".

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

(25-08-2022, 01:08 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  My point is I heard of US International School, Australia International School, British Council (Not that I heard of Britain/UK International School), Canadian International School, International French School etc..But I don't think there is a Chinese International School..
Since local will not be studying in Global Indian International School, meaning the business must come from the CECA in Sinkie land.. And in order to be able to afford to study in GIIS, the parents must be holding pretty good jobs, and that are those good jobs which Sinkie is supposed to take up, which bring me back to my signature "I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps".

It isn't a secret that "international schools" aren't cheap nor accessible. Even the average foreigners from countries where these schools are from will find the cost beyond their reach.

What you are are alluding to isn't just about CECA threat, but rather the danger of corrosive values e.g. Caste system and practices eating into the foundation that made this Republic a success.

These "international schools", IMHO, represents a direct opposite to how Nantah Univesity was started - by donations from average folks of SG's Pioneer gen.

Nantah was established with help of donations from average people of SG.
[Image: 180605_f.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

intermission
[Image: Screenshot-2022-08-25-at-02-12-07-GESARA-news.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2022-08-25-at-02-15-38-GESARA-news.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2022-08-25-at-02-27-58-Russia...anders.png]
Another now hiding in Estonia:
Estonia is to handover her or bombing will start
[Image: Screenshot-2022-08-24-at-21-32-05-Allege...zov-NA.png]

Kiev’s troops have been firing at the plant and the nearby city of Energodar from the opposite site of the large Kakhovka water reservoir, the Russian Defense Ministry has consistently claimed.
The falling shells damaged the facades of some buildings, while missile parts are still stuck in the ground. One of the water pumping stations was hit, but continues to operate as most of the equipment is hidden underground.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-08-25-at-02-42-34-Damage...-VIDEO.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2022-08-25-at-02-52-35-Eviden...-to-UN.png]

(25-08-2022, 02:45 AM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  CCP wumaos please note 新加坡人also 不是中国人
李显龙国庆讲话:华人不是中国人,不要落叶归根!做好中共攻台准备!新加坡为什么要挺乌克兰?

as above, so comie dogs here is using GY to cover their brainwash work here!
so GY pro-china, then GY pro-Russia, so GY is opposition of spore?
GY pro-russia, then he supports russia invades Ukraine? same to all comie dogs here!
very dangerous for comies dogs here try to use all these ccp propaganda here to stir shit & sell their communism to brainwash moronic brainless here, not true?
all these comie dogs here go ahead & play with fire! all know who they are in this thread!
all these easily kena influenced brainless supporters here!
continue to sell & spam your extremist leftish & xxxxxxxxx here! comie dogs here spam their communist sources of fake & lies like below here 7/24!
comie dogs here stir more, stir more together!
all can see who are the comie dogs in this forum in this threads & thread starter!!

司马南等极左网红被禁言

(23-06-2022, 11:16 AM)kokee Wrote:  whole world know well, they are there to brainwash & also be spy.
This world has never be in such a big mess with all these steal technology, spy, brainwash, influence or political fight in last 20 yrs.
Not only closed many in US, in austalia, Europe, ton already closed down by local govt, they all know why all these china institute exist.

美国关闭104所孔子学院

[+] 1 user Likes kokee's post

I am very curious from whom did TODAY reporter cite saying that GY is "pro China" when in all his expressed view is about the REALITY of past, present and future World which will impact everyone of us.

Does it mean anyone takes a less hawkish attitude towards the PRC will be given the same label like "wumao" or 50c ?

(25-08-2022, 01:29 AM)Manthink Wrote:  It isn't a secret that "international schools" aren't cheap nor accessible. Even the average foreigners from countries where these schools are from will find the cost beyond their reach.

What you are are alluding to isn't just about CECA threat, but rather the danger of corrosive values e.g. Caste system and practices eating into the foundation that made this Republic a success.

These "international schools", IMHO, represents a direct opposite to how Nantah Univesity was started - by donations from average folks of SG's Pioneer gen.

Nantah was established with help of donations from average people of SG.
[Image: 180605_f.jpg]
I am not looking at "Danger of corrosive values e.g. Caste system and practices" coz seriously that is not my concern.

My primary concern is losing good jobs to CECA in masses, in the place we spent 12.5 yrs serving NS to protect, putting sinkie at risk of putting food on table for their families. 

To those who would say there are still 'good' jobs like cleaners for sinkie which can put food on table, if they themselves don't even want to be cleaner, then don't expect others to be one.

(25-08-2022, 10:38 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  I am not looking at "Danger of corrosive values e.g. Caste system and practices" coz seriously that is not my concern. My primary concern is losing good jobs to CECA in masses, in the place we spent 12.5 yrs serving NS to protect, putting sinkie at risk of putting food on table for their families.  To those who would say there are still 'good' jobs like cleaners for sinkie which can put food on table, if they themselves don't even want to be cleaner, then don't expect others to be one.

Perhaps we have different approach towards the same concern. You notice the tree while I am missing it when scanning the forest. Wink

(25-08-2022, 10:41 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Perhaps we have different approach towards the same concern. You notice the tree while I am missing it when scanning the forest. Wink

I represent the small trees looking to survive in sinkie land. Forest well being is not my problem.

[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

I think those jobs like cleaners swabbers are paid ahead of Time.
A time where sotong takes over system
Failure is unthinkable.

(24-08-2022, 06:49 PM)Niubee Wrote:  From my friendship with ceca, they are nice people. But when come to dealing, very calculative and penny pincher. Good and bad but frustrating Laughing

yes - I have many South Asians associates and many are aware of the (wrong) impression SGreans have on them.

Different folks with different strokes - I am lucky to meet and work with many of them..while trying to appreciate the nicer side of that relation.

Still....

(25-08-2022, 01:01 AM)Manthink Wrote:  

Good idea!

I support!

I think his problems compounded.
He should have stay in Singapore after the first failure.
Now he no left no right. Beri cham.
He appeared in HK and now says He is pro-China?
Hollow like supporting the Gang of Four or whatever the no.
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

(25-08-2022, 10:35 AM)Manthink Wrote:  I am very curious from whom did TODAY reporter cite saying that GY is "pro China" when in all his expressed view is about the REALITY of past, present and future World which will impact everyone of us.

Does it mean anyone takes a less hawkish attitude towards the PRC will be given the same label like "wumao" or 50c ?

Welcome to Indiapore

GY has zero foresight

Rmb the Cancun carbon summit, total misjudgment of his

Then rmb Aljunied, wat an idiot

Quote:Mr Yeo, who was based in Hong Kong for several years as chairman and executive director of Kerry Logistics Network before he retired in 2019, said on Monday that China is an old civilisation with very conservative instincts that makes it predictable.
Every Chinese dynasty, he said, has built walls, and it continues to do so in the capital market, for Hollywood movies and even games.
“Why do they do that? Why don’t they open up? They like their homogeneity, this makes it easier to govern.”

Above is what George Yeo wrote justifying walls Chjna buold around itself

But that is only half the story. I build walls to keep influence out and conduct influence campaign externally to muster public opinion against govts it does not like.

As for George Yeo remark that all this control is take  Chjna easier to govt because they like homogeneity...then what bout the Ughurs, the Tibetans, ? Homogeneity includes erasing cultures and beliefs? Ease of governing also j.xlude heavy surveillance, monitoring, suppression of views, etc?

China can do what it wants to its own people. 
That does not mean we cannot have a negative opinion of what they are doing...the people.have no election to choose their leader nor ability to influence and get the policies they want. They are victims of information control.and one sided state propaganda.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(25-08-2022, 05:10 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Above is what George Yeo wrote justifying walls Chjna buold around itself But that is only half the story. I build walls to keep influence out and conduct influence campaign externally to muster public opinion against govts it does not like. As for George Yeo remark that all this control is take  Chjna easier to govt because they like homogeneity...then what bout the Ughurs, the Tibetans, ? Homogeneity includes erasing cultures and beliefs? Ease of governing also j.xlude heavy surveillance, monitoring, suppression of views, etc? China can do what it wants to its own people. 
That does not mean we cannot have a negative opinion of what they are doing...the people.have no election to choose their leader nor ability to influence and get the policies they want. They are victims of information control.and one sided state propaganda..

Seems GY's use of the word "homogeneity" has rub you the wrong way.  I have a little surprised for you - Aren't Koreans and Japanese too ?  Notice your double standard ?

Clearly you have huge chips on your shoulder with the Chinese with u throwing in "Ughurs, the Tibetans" stories  which everyone knows are favorite "influence campaign" by certain groups.

Oh BTW, in case you fail to read History:  China built "Walls" to keep "Barbarians" out, while welcome those who don't threaten or attack them.

(25-08-2022, 05:10 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  China can do what it wants to its own people. 
That does not mean we cannot have a negative opinion of what they are doing...the people.have no election to choose their leader nor ability to influence and get the policies they want. They are victims of information control.and one sided state propaganda.

You want to have free election for the Chinese to elect their leaders? Seriously? You know this will plunge China into anarchy or not? When a person is not ready don't force him into that phase. Same for countries.

stay alert people dropping dead just walking
August 18, 2022

Five Salvadorans have died suddenly when they were walking on the streets and for reasons still unknown to some. The last person was a woman who died this morning in Santa Rosa de Lima, La Unión. The first occurred in the Utila neighborhood (Santa Tecla) on August 9.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-08-25-at-20-34-06-Five-S...eet-92.png]

92 fresh graves dug lately in one small New Zealand town:
[Image: Screenshot-2022-08-25-at-20-43-32-Five-S...eet-92.png]

(25-08-2022, 05:10 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Above is what George Yeo wrote justifying walls Chjna buold around itself

But that is only half the story. I build walls to keep influence out and conduct influence campaign externally to muster public opinion against govts it does not like.

As for George Yeo remark that all this control is take  Chjna easier to govt because they like homogeneity...then what bout the Ughurs, the Tibetans, ? Homogeneity includes erasing cultures and beliefs? Ease of governing also j.xlude heavy surveillance, monitoring, suppression of views, etc?

Actually for your last part, apart from "no election", the rest is applicable to sinkie land as well isn't it??

"Does the people has the ability to influence and get the policies they want??" Look at GST increase..

"They are victims of information control" Look at POFMA and people kena sued..

"one sided state propaganda" Look at our 154 media..

While CCP system is definitely not ideal, I just don't know what we have to be able to have a negative opinion of what they are doing.. Coz we same same..

(24-08-2022, 10:21 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ge...el-1975616

Georgie knows first hand how it is like to be thrown under the bus by people he considered "his brothers"

Now that the tycoon that took him in is pro china, and based in HK. It is little wonder he is pro china.

Rulers can only throw its own people under a bus so often before they wise up and realize loyalty is badly misplaced in sinkingport.

(25-08-2022, 05:10 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Above is what George Yeo wrote justifying walls Chjna buold around itself

You talk like western media without checking the reality,
we can see clearly Ughurs and Tibetans still able practise their culture and speak their own languages.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG97WNJEdXI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1M_jGhcKbc

As compare Ukraine, who banning use of Russian language, stations and severe all the historical links
giving fertile ground for Crimea to revolt after elected govt is toppled in 2014.

Sure China has propaganda machine but so do the West,
China like to boost about their govt perform while the West is paint black or smear other countries so that its people 
has illusion their own country is very well run.
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post