George Yeo quite solid did well in Robert Kuok company now helping to revive Creative

(25-11-2021, 04:46 PM)forum456 Wrote:  firstly, your products have to be as good as competitors.
then marketing strategy can help to sell.

if your products are not as good as competitors, no amount of marketing will help.

Well, I've already mentioned that I have MP3s from both Creative and Apple, and the sound quality is better for Creative. They do have good products but their marketing sucks. This is just one example of bad marketing - https://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2004/11/win...aphed.html

(25-11-2021, 03:34 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Don't agree. You got to try the Creative products to know that their sound quality is better (but that was years ago when they're still competing in MP3, now Apple's sound quality has improved). 

Stylish or not is a matter of marketing strategy, which is why I said Creative failed in that respect. Apple's UI is better but then UI is not some rocket-science technology. It's a business strategy which again Creative failed miserably.

Apple won because they know what the customer really want. They are selling a feeling, style, fashion. Ah Sim tried to sell on functionality but failed.  

Not sure what Georgie will do there. Help them create a vision? But he is non executive, talk cock only,

(25-11-2021, 05:10 PM)singlon Wrote:  George went to the Vatican
there got the vatican bank
but he appeared in Hk
funeral business
and now come back kid.
I cannot fault him. He IQ great but time it is different.
Perhaps he helpsus THINK how and where we did wrong.

HK funeral biz? I thought Kerry Log?

At first George is way above Ah Teo, his buddy in SJI.   The other friend also made his name as the Justice Bao of Singapore.

Ora Et Labora Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Creative is so far behind when come to technology, we are already into the next big thing after internet, they still selling 声霸卡of the 90s
They cannot reinvent themselves because they did not venture into other technology by investing in research or invest in deep tech companies

(25-11-2021, 12:33 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  He can make the switch to private sector....earn his keep ...and did not take out GLC job.

This part really hand it to him.

PAP didn't want him lah..............

revive Creative ?...............he will only ruin them quicker................

(25-11-2021, 01:54 PM)talky Wrote:  yes u need an intelligent person to uncover an able man.
lky so far had only praised 3 persons:
dr goh,dr yeo niang hong(2 doctorate degree)
and george yeo
Correct, George Yeo is solid. Without him, there will probably be no CECA today. Credit for CECA must give him a big share..... Rolleyes

https://www.nas.gov.sg/archivesonline/da...040901.htm

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(26-11-2021, 04:28 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Correct, George Yeo is solid. Without him, there will probably be no CECA today. Credit for CECA must give him a big share..... Rolleyes

So George Yeo is the one who signed the Declaration of Intent to conclude a comprehensive Economic Agreement (CECA)... Rolleyes Big Grin

(26-11-2021, 04:51 PM)debono Wrote:  So George Yeo is the one who signed the Declaration of Intent to conclude a comprehensive Economic Agreement (CECA)... Rolleyes Big Grin

The evidence is there and it sticks out like dog's balls....... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

so he's ceca yeo? aso got ceca goh. is there any ceca chua?

(26-11-2021, 04:28 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Correct, George Yeo is solid. Without him, there will probably be no CECA today. Credit for CECA must give him a big share..... Rolleyes

don't be silly lah

you think those ministers got power to sign anything ?

they're just muppets lah.................Pinky is the one responsible

(26-11-2021, 06:39 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  don't be silly lah

I thought Woody was in power that time and Pinky still drinking milk. So I was wrong.......... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

(26-11-2021, 06:39 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  don't be silly lah

I don't think so, as a full minister he will the power and authority to sign the CECA.... Laughter-68 Gesti-109