Analysis of Grab Delivery man's 300K portforlio

Guy must have  pinched and saved to have such as sizable portfolio.

Unfortunately he got burnt investing in poor quality reits:
1. Many "experts" promoted reits as a form of passive income investments 5-10yrs ago.

2. SGX greedy for listing allowed foreign reits with dubious fianncials to list in Sibgaoire. Just like they did for Chjna S-chips and energy/commodity firms in the past. MAS did nothing over the years and no lessons learnt.

3. In the end it cause losses for investors like this Grab food delivery man.

4. Some of the reits are so bad although he lost 30-40% Fifth Person experts recommend it is best to sell and switch to better quality companies. The lousy ones have high risk of going to zero.

5. Perhaps the best thing for hin is to split his money. This is my suggestion put 40%  in CPF Special account and 60% in a low cost globally diversified equity etf. Picking individual  stocks is high risk and not for everyone.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Delivery man also you want to bully.

(27-06-2024, 08:33 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Guy must have  pinched and saved to have such as sizable portfolio.

Unfortunately he got burnt investing in poor quality reits:
1. Many "experts" promoted reits as a form of passive income investments 5-10yrs ago.

2. SGX greedy for listing allowed foreign reits with dubious fianncials to list in Sibgaoire. Just like they did for Chjna S-chips and energy/commodity firms in the past. MAS did nothing over the years and no lessons learnt.

3. In the end it cause losses for investors like this Grab food delivery man.

4. Some of the reits are so bad although he lost 30-40% Fifth Person experts recommend it is best to sell and switch to better quality companies. The lousy ones have high risk of going to zero.

5. Perhaps the best thing for hin is to split his money. This is my suggestion put 40%  in CPF Special account and 60% in a low cost globally diversified equity etf. Picking individual  stocks is high risk and not for everyone.

KNN .. he invested in wrong stocks still can have 300k , get married, have kids and HDB... you leh??

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

(27-06-2024, 08:45 AM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  KNN .. he invested in wrong stocks still can have 300k , get married, have kids and HDB... you leh??

I don't have much but I am.happy with the life I have chosen.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Why the need to analyse?
Why go public?

he no sell will end as winner eventually. economic cycle is up and down. now is down down time.
fed qt has reduce balance sheet by about 1.7 trillion. that is world market has reduced about 5-10x of that money supply. fed has reduce qt amount already and soon hit zero. that will be bottom of low price. as money being us to us will hopefully stop. when fed reduce interest rates. all market will rejoice.
reits are long term investments for dividend return. inflation will help increased the properties value they own. mean time just collect dividend. investors who hold past this low cycle will be winner both dividend and capital.
some good percentage win will be capitaland china, mapletree pan asia. who also suffers from china property problems and economy low cycle. but china most likely to emerge up faster then others.
this is not the first time reits suffers due to market conditions.
time will tell.

(27-06-2024, 09:23 AM)sclim Wrote:  fed qt has reduce balance sheet by about 1.7 trillion. that is world market has reduced about 5-10x of that money supply.  fed has reduce qt amount already and soon hit zero. 

From a high of US$8.97 trillion of QE in Apr 2022, they have reduced to about US$7.3 trillion last month. So that's about a reduction of US$1.7 trillion. But hitting zero still has some time to go.

Must be that stupid greedy Gabriel Yap reits listen too much of his nonsense.

(27-06-2024, 10:01 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Must be that stupid greedy Gabriel Yap reits listen too much of his nonsense.

time n tide has changed

those who made a lot on yesteryrs on mapletree family keppel dc reits  suntec now loss alot back
now not right time to invest in reits not until us cut rates

(27-06-2024, 08:49 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I don't have much but I am.happy with the life I have chosen.
My statement is not whether you happy or not ...It is whether you are useful to the society or not compare to this guy.. You go and ask all bum who don't work..most of them will say they are happy

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

(27-06-2024, 12:01 PM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  My statement is not whether you happy or not ...It is whether you are useful to the society or not compare to this guy.. You go and ask all bum who don't work..most of them will say they are happy

You did not say whether I am useful to society you said married have kids and hdb.

A person can be useful without those things you originally mentioned.

Whether I am more or less useful than the person is unrelated to the topic being discussed.

If a person doesn't create troubles he's very gd already, useful or not not that important lah. If can help do some housework that's even better right?

Etf also has hidden financial costs. The etf providers charge management fees too

Now a days cannot trade stocks or forex Liao more and more “ manipulated backend “ by greedy CEOs