Gilbert Goh on trial for protesting outside ICA

Activist Gilbert Goh on trial for protesting outside ICA without permit

SINGAPORE: Activist Gilbert Goh Keow Wah went on trial on Monday (May 30) for staging a protest outside the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) without a permit and refusing to sign a police statement.

Goh, 60, was represented by lawyer Lim Tean, who said he will argue that his client "was not publicising a cause" and that the charge against him is "vague" and "fundamentally flawed".

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ia-2716096
[+] 1 user Likes Stoki's post

he protest at ICA

to shame Shanmugam??

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Crowd funding again?...... Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

Let's look at what happened....and below are facts

1. During pandemic, many Singaporeans were concerned the govt has not closed border well enough to prevent Delta variant from coming jn and causing death of Singaporeans.

2. However Singaporeans are too afraid to go suggest to govt to stop as they can get arrested.

3. Gilbert was brave enough to speak up for many Singaporeans with the same view. He did a one man peaceful sigh outside the ICA

4. They arrested him instead of taking his suggestion....

5. Delta strain arrive in Singapore and spread. Many Elderly Singaporeans die because of this.

6  Now they charge Gilbert Goh and want to send him to jail.

What Gibert did was morally correct.

The police and public prosecutor have discretion to give him a warning and let him off because he cause no harm to anyone. It is now clear he could have saved lives had the govt heed his suggestion.

What is happening is WRONG.

[Image: se6esWq.png]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post