Girl charged $150 for dental says it costs only $10 in India

[Image: WWcNA0l.jpg]

I had a cavity in one of my teeth after having braces and wanted to get it filled. I went to the dentist, and he quoted $150. Since it wasn’t urgent and my tooth wasn’t decaying, I told myself that I’ll get it done the next time I go to the dentist ($150 just made my heart ache).

Last year I went to India and I saw a nice dental clinic (not those shady ones). I went in, asked for a filling and they got it done.

The price BLEW my mind. After conversion, $10. T E N.

I couldn’t stop thinking about how crazy the price difference was. I thought the Indian dentist MUST have done a shitty job for how cheap it was.

Went for my braces appointment recently in sg and I asked my orthodontist to check if the filling was ok and he said it was.

Went to Malaysia recently and got gel nails done for 25 ringgit. It’ll be easily $70-90 here. Why such a huge discrepancy when I see absolutely no difference in the service provided?

Any times in sg you thought “This is daylight robbery.”?

Netizens’ comments

Same reason why services and COL of living is cheaper in Zimbabwe vs here. It’s not a fair comparison.

Land cost and other overheads in sg is very high. You can’t expect same pricing for the same good or service in a developing economy/ country. That said, some business owners may use this as a reason to overcharge.My own take is that many of them have their hands tied because they don’t own the land or premises on which they run their business. Landlords, both private and corporate, are squeezing as much as they can from society and this is a main driver of prices.

dental care in SG is just crazy. far better to just cross the border to do any dental work. often get my scaling and polishing done in JB instead

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Here we got PAP fleecing citizens. And all businesses follow their scams.

India is just too expensive

Malaysians pay much lower but have to make appointment 2 days ahead.

Also recent increase has caused many in Malaysia to be angry at high dental cost.

[Image: FMCcOFs.jpg]
Dr Noor Hisham said itemised billings provided at hospitals will detail the actual cost of the treatment, subsidised by the government. He also clarified that the charges listed on the Fees (Medical) (Amendment) Order 2017 for outpatients are for government hospitals and clinics’ internal use.

Fee exemptions for specific groups is also maintained, in accordance with the outlined guidelines, he said.

Dr Noor Hisham noted that it has been 35 years since dental charged were last revised, despite the fact that the cost of such treatments have naturally increased since then.

Yesterday, a message of what appeared to be a government circular detailing new dental charges was circulated on social media.

This included new charges for tooth extraction, which had gone up from RM1 to RM15, scaling and polishing from RM2 to RM55, and filling from RM2 to RM25.

The changes, which were supposed to have come into effect yesterday (Feb 1), has been postponed to March 1.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/2017/02/2091...pite-price

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

It cost me $130+ just to do polishing and scaling at a dental clinic in SG. Out of this was about $30 for "consumables". Just boycott all SG dentists and visit a dentist in Malaysia or Thailand when you are on holiday.

[Image: kgeocqt.gif]

(15-03-2023, 02:05 PM)starbugs Wrote:  It cost me $130+ just to do polishing and scaling at a dental clinic in SG. Out of this was about $30 for "consumables". Just boycott all SG dentists and visit a dentist in Malaysia or Thailand when you are on holiday.

I paid about $1000++ after 3 visits for 3 fillings and cleaning. First visit say very cheap $80 for cleaning. 2nd visit cleaning become $120 becos more senior dentist. Then fillings need take X ray $120 to check for decay....before filling. 

Think all just want to scam customers!

how much to pay for a fark in India ?