Master Leong buys and recommends another falling stock Ping An

[Image: sWVrECv.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Your china sticks aso recommended by him? Also follow him never cut lose?

He seems to like to buy falling stocks that look cheap.

I think situation is rather risky given the plunge in Chuna housing market which is bigger than. The US housing crisis.

If you recall the financial crisis, insurance companies were exposed to housing market debt that resulted in heavy losses and long term damage to its valuation. Citibank etc never rose back to the old glory...

Problem with Ping An ja it has a massive balance sheet and possibly  highly exposed to housing narket losses. While it is too big to fail, the down side risk is not small....and given its blue chip status the 70% drop is very unusual..and large domestic funds are not buying. Sort of reminds me of the time Temasek went to buy big  US banks thinking it was cheap only to face a massive crisis.

I would be very careful with this one. Even if there is no implosion like financial crisis, the damage on its balance sheet may just cripple it for the long term like the large financial institutions in Japan post bubble economy.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(19-12-2023, 10:27 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  He seems to like to buy falling stocks that look cheap.

I think situation is rather risky given the plunge in Chuna housing market which is bigger than. The US housing crisis.

If you recall the financial crisis, insurance companies were exposed to housing market debt that resulted in heavy losses and long term damage to its valuation. Citibank etc never rose back to the old glory...

Problem with Ping An ja it has a massive balance sheet and possibly  highly exposed to housing narket losses. While it is too big to fail, the down side risk is not small....and given its blue chip status the 70% drop is very unusual..and large domestic funds are not buying. Sort of reminds me of the time Temasek went to buy big  US banks thinking it was cheap only to face a massive crisis.

I would be very careful with this one. Even if there is no implosion like financial crisis, the damage on its balance sheet may just cripple it for the long term like the large financial institutions in Japan post bubble economy.

How dare you go against your idol and master Novice Leong  Rotfl

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(19-12-2023, 10:22 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Your china sticks aso recommended by him? Also follow him never cut lose?

Let me ve very clear and not tk repeat....I watch his videos to avoid making common mistakes that he often makes. His video is a good reminder....not to be naive and think you are smarter than everyone else.

(19-12-2023, 10:34 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Let me ve very clear and not tk repeat....I watch his videos to avoid making common mistakes that he often makes. His video is a good reminder....not to be naive and think you are smarter than everyone else.

How cud a master guru din cut lose? Set very bad example

His major holding of Alibaba and SE in deep shit but he still have confident on this two.