Gold tumbles to over 4-month low on early Fed taper bets

PUBLISHED MON, AUG 9 20212:39 AM EDT UPDATED 4 HOURS AGO

Gold slumped to a more than four-month low on Monday, as strong U.S. jobs data bolstered expectations for an early tapering of the Federal Reserve’s economic support measures.

Spot gold shed 2.1% to US$1,725.96 per ounce by 1:40 p.m. ET. U.S. gold futures settled 2.1% down at US$1,726.50.

Silver was caught in gold’s slipstream and hit its lowest in more than eight months, at US$22.50 per ounce. It was last down 4% to US$23.35.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/09/gold-mar...moves.html

!Gold long term does go up but performance is poor compared with stocks. Even with so much money printing it only went up a bit.

I bought gold twice as shown in the chart.

Many Gold bugs proclaim gold will shine as govt "debase" currency....instead Bitcoin was the one.

[Image: Xco1Pnp.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Don't know when is the right time to buy. But it is still not now. Sold my one oz. quite sometimes ago and the money is sitting there.

It takes many years to go up and a short time to come down.

I thought of buying 1 kg of physical or paper gold .... my initial ridiculous target price was $1250 .... now that gold coming back down ...$1400-1500 ... possible?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

https://www.uob.com.sg/online-rates/gold...rices.page

CAST BARS
SGD
1 KILOBAR
BANK SELLS 76155.00
BANK BUYS 75556.0

GOLD CERTIFICATE
SGD
1 KILOCERT
BANK SELLS 76155.00
BANK BUYS 75556.

All these you have to pay for the maintenance fees.

(10-08-2021, 10:46 AM)theold Wrote:  All these you have to pay for the maintenance fees.

Physical and Certs, dun think so. Account I think must, annual

(10-08-2021, 10:47 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Physical and Certs, dun think so. Account I think must, annual

Ok.

I only use gold pooling. Don't like to pay maintenance fees. Buy 1 small oz and hold then sell.

(10-08-2021, 10:49 AM)theold Wrote:  Ok.

I only use gold pooling. Don't like to pay maintenance fees. Buy 1 small oz and hold then sell.

These companies scare scare, not regulated. That's why I may get Cert from UOB. I have a friend who bought physical, so when bored he takes out from safe and sleeps on it  Rotfl

(10-08-2021, 10:52 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  These companies scare scare, not regulated. That's why I may get Cert from UOB. I have a friend who bought physical, so when bored he takes out from safe and sleeps on it  Rotfl

Ok.

So now can buy gold?