Golden Mile Complex sold to Far East, Perennial, Sino Land

CONSERVATION landmark Golden Mile Complex has been sold to a consortium comprising Far East Organization, Perennial Holdings and Sino Land for S$700 million
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/real-es...-for-s700m

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

The buyer paid $700M ....

Can some one explain how they split this amount among the owners of the units in the building? Wouldn't they fight over who get how much?

How do they get everyone to agree on the split?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(06-05-2022, 05:40 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The buyer paid $700M ....

Can some one explain how they split this amount among the owners of the units in the building? Wouldn't they fight over who get how much?

How do they get everyone to agree on the split?

Before voting, the details will be finalised. Then need to get 80% minimum to go ahead to tender. Each unit owner will know exactly how much they will get before they vote.

All these players very rich. Rebuild and sell at a higher price.

(06-05-2022, 05:26 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  CONSERVATION landmark Golden Mile Complex has been sold to a consortium comprising Far East Organization, Perennial Holdings and Sino Land for S$700 million
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/real-es...-for-s700m

Sure. There will be 2 portions: commercial owners and residential owners.

The residential owners or condo owners will be given a percentage based on the size of their unit. This percentage is long written in the title deed. For example, if there are 300 units each with 1000sqft, the residential portion will be split according to the percentage calculated.

Same for commercial. It will be written in the title deed.

So every owners long know how much to sell the building for it to be profitable to them.
[+] 1 user Likes *天哥*'s post

(06-05-2022, 05:47 PM)*天哥* Wrote:  Sure. There will be 2 portions: commercial owners and residential owners.

The residential owners or condo owners will be given a percentage based on the size of their unit. This percentage is long written in the title deed. For example, if there are 300 units each with 1000sqft, the residential portion will be split according to the percentage calculated.

Same for commercial. It will be written in the title deed.

So every owners long know how much to sell the building for it to be profitable to them.

Omg so the commercial one how ???
All will gone?
The KTV , Thai supermarket, amulet shops, travel agency etc there ??

(06-05-2022, 05:58 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Omg so the commercial one how ???
All will gone?
The KTV , Thai supermarket, amulet shops, travel agency etc there ??

All push to other places lor.

This building has many haunting stories

The building is distinctive but I don't think it's an architectural masterpiece. Not really conservation worthy. Plus will it ever get rid of its reputation as Little Thailand?

Next time travel to Thailand by bus go where?

(06-05-2022, 06:00 PM)theold Wrote:  All push to other places lor.

I doubt so maybe commercial ones still there
Partly in SG no much ideal place for another little Thailand

From there, had travelled to Malaysia and Thailand before.