Have you notice this phenomena called shrinkflation....

In Sjngapore it is called kiew zhui

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

and future condo units will shrink to the size of a carpark lot and yet the psf will go up further.

all boils down to the decreasing purchasing power of yr money loh

(13-11-2021, 10:24 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  and future condo units will shrink to the size of a carpark lot and yet the psf will go up further.

Got forced u to buy meh??

(13-11-2021, 10:24 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  and future condo units will shrink to the size of a carpark lot and yet the psf will go up further.

We need to compare prices of commodities with present money worth with current prices and use a factor to determine it's current worth.... Rotfl

Peoples mind also kiew zhui. Become small..narrow..

(13-11-2021, 10:26 AM)EXBB Wrote:  Got forced u to buy meh??

ofc no. but later will becum smaller and more expensive

(13-11-2021, 10:27 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  ofc no. but later will becum smaller and more expensive

If the vendor do not increase their prices, then chances are they will reduce the quantities... Laughing

Last time mee goreng $2.50 got eggs,peas,cucumbers, tomato sauce,mutton ...now $4.50 no eggs,no peas,1small slice cucumber, one droplet of tomato sauce,no mutton..

The problem is inflationary policy done wrongly. The good inflationary cycle will see real wages go up in tandem with prices. The bad inflationary cycle will see real wages stagnant or fall vis a vis rising prices.

It's both a policy driven as well as the distribution of wealth. In the former form, wealth is evenly distributed and it's healthy. The latter form is just opposite where wealth is growing disproportionately with gini coefficient acceleration.

Govt policy is the only way to regulate the market but how determine will they be if they are not with the masses? There's no nobility in human kind, else Communism would have taken root and be the major than Democratic based nations.

That's why the novelty of Xi intention to spread the wealth is good. Provided it is not driven by his political agenda for dynasty building. And the chances of the same happening in democratic countries is as good as zero. At most some lips service.

Mankind can never rule well. No man is ever good enough to rule. Judgement day will come and credit be accorded based on what power you waged and how you dealt with it.

(13-11-2021, 10:26 AM)EXBB Wrote:  Got forced u to buy meh??

This theory doesnt hold anymore.

Smile

(13-11-2021, 10:32 AM)EXBB Wrote:  Last time mee goreng $2.50 got eggs,peas,cucumbers, tomato sauce,mutton ...now $4.50 no eggs,no peas,1small slice cucumber, one droplet of tomato sauce,no mutton..

Some food vendors would keep the price stable, but in order to fight inflation, they will reduce the ingredients, or even less noodles for the same price. So it is LPPL thingy..... Laughing

(13-11-2021, 01:54 PM)debono Wrote:  Some food vendors would keep the price stable, but in order to fight inflation, they will reduce the ingredients, or even less noodles for the same price. So it is LPPL thingy..... Laughing

Another way is bring yr own noodle and rice for them

Smile