Good article - The Fed needs to stop raising interest rates

A sensible piece explaining why rate hikes are not doing the job.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...bert-reich

This article highlights one important point. The higher the interest rate, the more businesses will raise their price, until it becomes so bad that no one wants to spend any money. And that will be recession.

(13-12-2022, 07:00 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  This article highlights one important point. The higher the interest rate, the more businesses will raise their price, until it becomes so bad that no one wants to spend any money. And that will be recession.

Indeed it has appeared in the life time I am on this Earth. I graduated in 1998 and wham it is financial crisis! You know how hard to get a job then? It is pretty hard and desperate for monies I do wash toilet, sweep, mop floor cleaner boy aka float boys as whenever that day which part got cleaner MC I will go fill it up. Washing public toilets no easy feat as most men throw cigarette butt into the urinal need to use thongs to take them out. Some stick stubbornly then how? Use hands lar. Then ladies toilet (yes that day shortage) supervisor ask me clean he jaga outside. In each cubicle got one small container I guess is let ladies put their pad? Some like men aim miss one the pad drop just outside and again need use thongs to take them out. Use hands also no choice.

I truly experience the blue collar job of a cleaner in that time and it is an eye opener. Now cleaner can get $1000 ? During those times I think is 500-600 and I am paid $3 per hour. Granted it is during those years but the job scope does not get easier as the years go by isn't it? Can robots wash toilet and help to extract cigarette butt and used pads? Hmmm