GovTech staff can work from home up to 3 times a week

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/j...flexi-work?

wow wow Really " jiak liao bee to MAX "

Applying to join now!

funny rah Govt..

Want GDP good, etc

Yet? 3 times WFH per week? means ONLY TWO days in office

Like that how RETI perform , office rental etc yea?

in return is Taxes feed these civil servants wages, yearly two times bonus.

Mine lagi best...but due to confidential i cannot disclose how many "hours" i work..

do not increase productivity or money velociy
sotong not happy in this this phase of the game
maths like this need to transfer 100T to we the people
37T done during lockdown Another 63T need further lockdowns.
to keep world goods and services of 100T on even keel.

(17-07-2022, 11:40 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/j...flexi-work?

wow wow Really " jiak liao bee to MAX "

Gov tech are those programmers. Of course can WFH more lah. Depends on job nature lah.
[+] 2 users Like winbig's post

Those doing the Transfers r in the rentier class
this r divided into S and C
C r still slaves with limited wealth
S are sovereigns like OYK

(17-07-2022, 01:14 PM)winbig Wrote:  Gov tech are those programmers. Of course can WFH more lah. Depends on job nature lah.

Have Laptops can travel.unlike technicians must physically carry those bulky stuffs no way can WFH.Simple. Big Grin

(17-07-2022, 01:14 PM)winbig Wrote:  Gov tech are those programmers. Of course can WFH more lah. Depends on job nature lah.

I doubt govtech has many programmers. I think they outsource more than they do the work themselves.

(17-07-2022, 01:10 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Mine lagi best...but due to confidential i cannot disclose how many "hours" i work..

Declare here

Smile

So what? many MNCs also like that one, go back office 2 times a week and many dunt wanna go back, Angmoh bosses also dunt care

(17-07-2022, 02:00 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  So what? many MNCs also like that one, go back office 2 times a week and many dunt wanna go back, Angmoh bosses also dunt care

LAZY AND UNPRODUCITIVY

MY IDOL ELON MUSK SAID WHICH IS TRUE.

Mostly OUTSOURCE , some tech are so call TSO , just call sub contractor go troubleshoot once done than they just reply back end user who complain inside the Ministry. Because Govt sectors, not just one department got a lot , end user complain is within inside.

Beside some services are from the Public.

Like town council , your corridor light not working " don't expect Town Council officer will fix " Is YOU lodge complain than the Town Council officer will tell their term contractor go fix the lighting.
Once done their job is email to you.

(17-07-2022, 01:54 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I doubt govtech has many programmers. I think they outsource more than they do the work themselves.

If they outsource then they just do project management. Project management mostly shoot email, video conferencing, etc. job nature confirm can work from home most of the time.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(17-07-2022, 02:06 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  LAZY AND UNPRODUCITIVY

MY IDOL ELON MUSK SAID WHICH IS TRUE.

What you said is true, however they can get work done at home, why should they go back office? Unlike Sporean bosses who want to monitor employees to make sure they are not late for work, not taking 2 hours for lunch, not leaving office before the bosses leave, doing OTs frequently, all these are old school, old mindset. Angmoh companies are result driven. Employees can report to office late or go home early and work from home once a month to ensure work life balance.  No need to stay back do OT to please their bosses…as long as they can get work done, bosses dunt really care.

(17-07-2022, 02:41 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  What you said is true, however they can get work done at home, why should they go back office? Unlike Sporean bosses who want to monitor employees to make sure they are not late for work, not taking 2 hours for lunch, not leaving office before the bosses leave, doing OTs frequently, all these are old school, old mindset. Angmoh companies are result driven. Employees can report to office late or go home early and work from home once a month to ensure work life balance.  No need to stay back do OT to please their bosses…as long as they can get work done, bosses dunt really care.

Ang mo working culture all along like that. In office get work done, if cannot finish GO BACK Home.
NO OT, even yes is due to Urgent work needed to be done that it.

SG working culture A LOT IS " PUT UP SHOW " the rotten actually start from civil servant.

You can go question any civil servants you know even you happen work inside before will know their " working culture "

Some pretend to work even after office hours wayang stay back to make director see they are " hard working "

Some do a simple tender can take literally weeks , or simple email can type for 15 to 30 mins just so call " think how to reply "
some directors also ...

Summary = OVER staff = Need to wayang justify you are " working "
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(17-07-2022, 04:07 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Ang mo working culture all along like that. In office get work done, if cannot finish GO BACK Home.
NO OT, even yes is due to Urgent work needed to be done that it.

SG working culture A LOT IS " PUT UP SHOW " the rotten actually start from civil servant.

You can go question any civil servants you know even you happen work inside before will know their " working culture  "

Some pretend to work even after office hours wayang stay back to make director see they are " hard working "

Some do a simple tender can take literally weeks , or simple email can type for 15 to 30 mins just so call " think how to reply "
some directors also ...

Summary = OVER staff = Need to wayang justify you are " working "

Angmoh are also different in different countries, Americans are very hardworking, in Silicon Valley many work 70 hours per week at home. In Europe people are more relaxed, like to take long holidays and you can’t find them when they are on vacation. In Australia people spend 50% of time gossiping and playing politics, work can’t finish on the day, never mind, do it tomorrow, even for urgent job, they take their own time, if you push them, they get stressed and want to resign…knockoff time is 5pm, 4:45 everyone starts packing bags and going to leave.

Do you know Americans only have one week annual leave, their Labor law never protects workers to make sure they have enough off days. Public Holidays are also les than Singapore.

Should work at most once a week in office unless got urgent meetings. Why waste time commuting and squeezing with other people and spread virus on public transport or jamming up the roads ... if work can be done just as well at home?

Many types of work can be done anywhere. This is the era of mobility. Still got so many people with old, fixed mindset of die die must work in office....

Time to wake up. I wfh for years already even before covid.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

WFH only works good on paper. The usual argument is, if can work from home, why waste time travelling. The time could be better spent on doing more work.

Truth is, time saved from commuting will be not translated to more work done. It is the nature of humans to be lazy, at least for more humans. If they can take an easier route they will. It is very likely that people will spend some time idling.

(17-07-2022, 04:40 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Should work at most once a week in office unless got urgent meetings. Why waste time commuting and squeezing with other people and spread virus on public transport or jamming up the roads ... if work can be done just as well at home?

Many types of work can be done anywhere. This is the era of mobility. Still got so many people with old, fixed mindset of die die must work in office....

Time to wake up. I wfh for years already even before covid.

The local bosses get worried if they can’t see you in front of them in office, they think you eat snake and you are lazy. They want to make sure you do OT every evening as they pay you so much, must squeeze you hard…. Rolleyes

remember 37% of world GDP of 100T 'printed'(transfer to we the people)
another 63T to go.
Dat means money velocity must not accelerate up
must lock u down with ahMengPox or watever

(17-07-2022, 04:51 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  WFH only works good on paper. The usual argument is, if can work from home, why waste time travelling. The time could be better spent on doing more work.

Truth is, time saved from commuting will be not translated to more work done. It is the nature of humans to be lazy, at least for more humans. If they can take an easier route they will. It is very likely that people will spend some time idling.

The work should be measured based on the work completed rather than the number of hours clocked. Spore bosses want to squeeze you and add more workload to you, that is why they dunt let you work from home. Angmoh is result oriented, doesn’t matter you work from beach or home or office as long as you can get job done within the time period, bosses are happy. In Spore companies, if you want to take long leave, bosses are unhappy, even if you are sick you must go back office to work, very inhumane. Your leave application gets rejected even if you bought the ticket and booked hotel as your boss is so mean and unhappy. Angmoh bosses never reject your leave application, some even ask staff take leave. Spore companies have to change mindset, learn from Angmoh companies…implement work life balance rather than treating staff like slaves.

goyang
https://youtu.be/X8Td5ikueX0

(17-07-2022, 12:26 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  funny rah Govt..

Want GDP good, etc

Yet? 3 times WFH per week? means ONLY TWO days in office

Like that how RETI perform , office rental etc yea?

in return is Taxes feed these civil servants wages, yearly two times bonus.

You envy them then you go join them rah Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin