ST: Singapore could be seeing 1,000 cases a day in two to three weeks' time

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h...st-bad-one

Over the past fortnight, the number of new locally transmitted cases crosses 100 on most days and occasionally goes above 200.

Associate Professor Alex Cook, vice dean research at the NUS Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, said that at the current rate of infection, with no easing or tightening of measures, Singapore could be seeing 1,000 cases a day in two to three weeks' time.

Eventually, the spread of the disease in the population is inevitable. But this may not be a bad thing, said Professor Ooi Eng Eong, who co-directs the Viral Research and Experimental Medicine Centre at the SingHealth Duke-NUS Academic Medical Centre.

warning liao...
have to open or else all mati.

I was thinking....

1. If waiting for a cure an option? So many medicine are being tested something has to emerge as equivalent of panadol for headache.

2. Wait for a better vaccine?

Maybe waiting is not an option but opening up and overcrowding of ICU will just take us back to restrictions....then we are forced to wait anyway.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(06-09-2021, 04:30 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Eventually, the spread of the disease in the population is inevitable. But this may not be a bad thing, said Professor Ooi Eng Eong, who co-directs the Viral Research and Experimental Medicine Centre at the SingHealth Duke-NUS Academic Medical Centre.

He is saying its okay for some to die?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

I like what this Prof says..

Associate Professor Hsu Li Yang, an infectious diseases expert at the NUS Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, suggested offering vaccine-hesitant people more traditional, though less effective, vaccines to persuade them to get jabbed.

For instance, they could be offered vaccines from China - since "any vaccine is better than no vaccine".

But China vaccines already smeared until some who could/should be taking it end up don't dare to take.. Also, by not recognizing China vaccines under the stupid compensation policy, some people might think, why should I be 2nd class citizen when comes to the compensation policy.

So, the ultimate way to discriminate the no jab is, if no jab kena COVID, they pay their own medical bills.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

80% are fully vaccinated yet daily cases are expected to go up to 1000 level? Huh

I think its good so that everyone is scare. Now many people still Yaya Papaya.

Why don't just approve Sinovac n Sinopharm? Then more will get vaccinated n protected.

Huge demand for China vaccines also tell them something...
[+] 2 users Like RichDad's post

(06-09-2021, 04:32 PM)wulala Wrote:  warning liao...
have to open or else all mati.

Singapore is going broke, liao.

And they keep being over- reliant on FTs for our economy. 

No wonder our jobless rate going UP UP UP.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Book your coffin early, just in case.
The odds are higher now.

If the authorities insist to open up and stay the endemic course, more and more daily cases will be engendered, this has to be the concomitant outcome....no second thought about it!

Malaysia better don't follow blindly. It will be seriously disastrous for them given their huge infection figure.

(06-09-2021, 04:37 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  He is saying its okay for some to die?

I tthink that's the current intent. Better let some die for the rest of majority to survive by opening up. If kept close border to save all, then all might die of starvation eventually when.economy busted ..... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(06-09-2021, 05:43 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Why don't just approve Sinovac n Sinopharm? Then more will get vaccinated n protected.

Huge demand for China vaccines also tell them something...
They keep pressuring seniors to jab. Then made ppl que and pay for the safer option. Gave away 20000 to JB, Then tell sinkees no more stock. Now pay $100 for new private stock. wtf

(06-09-2021, 10:07 PM)Harry Lee Wrote:  They keep pressuring seniors to jab. Then made ppl que and pay for the safer option. Gave away 20000 to JB, Then tell sinkees no more stock. Now pay $100 for new private stock. wtf

Charity should begin at home..

Still live with virus?

Who was the expert who suggested this direction? Thinking
What basis or data they have collected?
Any plan B or any contingency plan?
If tomorrow covid 19 cases rise to 500cases,
Who is going to take the responsibility and resign?

We are not their Guinea pigs.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

i suspect is 1000 already

Is our hands tied by USA? Why not help those who wants the China vaccines?

This wan by expert opinion har? Often expert have to eat their own words  Thinking

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

They have 1st hand information on what is going on in Singapore.

(06-09-2021, 05:04 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  80% are fully vaccinated yet daily cases are expected to go up to 1000 level? Huh

vax like no vax like that

(07-09-2021, 12:19 AM)happyharvest Wrote:  vax like no vax like that

less critical cases and deaths.

(07-09-2021, 12:33 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  less critical cases and deaths.

because they still wear mask and social distance.. anyway.. inflexion point coming I think with wanning protection

(07-09-2021, 12:19 AM)happyharvest Wrote:  vax like no vax like that

dips liquid?

I think 1 week later can reach the target of 1000.