Great Singapore Sale have lost its relevance

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/commenta...ay-3799166

They should go no less than 90% cut for sales

Smile

Errr.....GSS is for Tourists and Orchard road is for Maids/FT/FW....

So yes, I agree not much relevance to avg SGreans... Big Grin

[Image: migrant_workers_ion_orchard_Feature.jpg]

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

I seldom buy from bricks and mortar shops. Most of my purchases are now online. And it's Great Singapore Sale all year round, online.

The prices you get online are so much lower than what you can ever get bargaining in front of a shop assistant, even if the assistant is actually the female boss..

My VIVO cover broke, and I got a new one from Humabearland for $3 inclusive of delivery right to my letter box by SingPost. Arrived in 7 days, but it would have been five days if SingPost worked on Sat and Sun.

Can you get it at that price in Singapore, even at a pasar malam? No man. And do not forget your bus/mrt fare or petrol and parking.

The Vivo cover is just one exampur. I had bought so many other things online...much cheaper than a GSS can ever offer.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(27-09-2023, 12:01 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Errr.....GSS is for Tourists and Orchard road is for Maids/FT/FW....

So yes, I agree not much relevance to avg SGreans... Big Grin

[Image: migrant_workers_ion_orchard_Feature.jpg]

In before "Oyk is a pinoy"...

It's good that you wrote FT as well while posting that picture, instead of just maids, whom MOM and ICA call Domestic Helpers as a way to give them the human dignity any person should deserve.

In the past, the British called majie (妈姐 not 骂街) and hylam kor "servants".  Later, when the first batch of domestic helpers came from the Philippines, the boomers called them Filipina maids.  And that is how xenophobes like you ended up writing "maid"

FT. Yes, you got it.  Many pinoy and pinay professional also like to hang out on Orchard Road.  Some of them work as architects, some as doctors and nurses.  And yup, some as QSR managers, including of course, Jollibee which sinkies love to eat. Rolleyes

(27-09-2023, 12:15 PM)Oyk Wrote:  In before "Oyk is a pinoy"...

Any one wanna make a guess why Oyk  gets triggered and defensive by mere mention of "Maids/FT/FW" ?  Big Grin

(27-09-2023, 12:29 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Any one wanna make a guess why Oyk  gets triggered and defensive by mere mention of "Maids/FT/FW" ?  Big Grin

No need to guess.  Let me tell you something...the government is now acting on cases, several of these, of abuse of healthcare workers by sinkies.  Why sinkies?  Read on.

Most patients are elderly, which is logical and expected.  It is also the generation that had been calling domestic helpers from the Philippines "Filipina maids"  In fact, many of them had one working for them for decades!

Then, when they see a nurse or doctor from the Philippines, they were shocked!  It can't be!  Filipinas only come here to be maids, and to be abused by us!  How dare they work as a nurse!  And as doctors!  Cannot!  Cannot!

And so they speak rudely to the healthcare staff, in a condescending tone with a "I am your ma'am" stare to match.

I strongly agree that if they turn abusive, the horspeter has the right to throw them out into the streets.  Is Pritam for or against the motion?   Rolleyes

(27-09-2023, 12:44 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Tongue
my papa & mama lives in the past

[Image: S45jq.png]
[Image: S45jk.png]
[Image: S45jm.png]

resulting

my karma for always mentioning others mama when losing an argument

hopefully may die in agony for too much bad karma done Rotfl

amen

(27-09-2023, 12:49 PM)KILLjoy Wrote:  amen.  I confess that I am a troll with a retarded brain. Please forgive me.   Laughing

I hope you will repent and turn over a new leaf when you say Amen.  

I know it's going to be a struggle for you, given your low ses genes and the kind of upbringing your mother gave you which contributed to your conduct at this forum, but I would not give up on you.   Wink

Unlikely sale even though stated sale. The mark ups are auto build in anyways ...

Only fools still come to Sg to buy branded stuff. You can get so much cheaper elsewhere. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(27-09-2023, 12:44 PM)Oyk Wrote:  No need to guess.  Let me tell you something.....

No beats watching those passionate response irrelevant to this Thread... Big Grin

(27-09-2023, 05:34 PM)Manthink Wrote:  No beats watching those passionate response irrelevant to this Thread... Big Grin

Not relevant meh?  Rolleyes

[Image: IMG-20230927-151012.jpg]