A U.S. recession will likely hurt Asia. Here are the countries

Asia will not escape unscathed if the U.S. falls into recession, but some countries in Southeast Asia will be more badly hit than others, economists warn.

Singapore is "more vulnerable" to a U.S. recession compared to its regional peers because it's "very, very dependent," said Chua Hak Bin, a senior economist at Maybank.

I tell you PAP will as usual " ownself brag ownself "

You never see today news?

Retail sales up
Hotel sales also

Plse read the article I posted earlier.
South East Asia is in a sweet spot together with India.

Phillipines will grow 6% even if US is zero or in mild recession. Malaysia and Indonesia economjes are enjoying a good sustainable run as commodity prices are good. Vietnam is enjoying record levels of foreign investments. The Thai economy which sank due to political protests and covid19 is roaring back.

China US and Europe are not in good shape but each has its own unique problems. These problems are desync and have dragged on for 1-2yrs already.
During this time Singapore economy and the regional economy did well.

The Dow index fell 1000pts followed by 5 out of 6 days of heavy losses. Yet the STI is flat, the Indonesian Index went up to hit new highs....so long as the troubles do not lead to sudden collapse..We should be okay in this region

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

KEY POINTS

Economists told CNBC that Singapore and Thailand will most likely be the first to be hit if the U.S. heads into recession.

Singapore is "more vulnerable" to a U.S. recession compared to its regional peers because it's "very, very dependent," said Chua Hak Bin, a senior economist at Maybank.

Thailand will also be one of the first to be impacted due to its heavy reliance on tourism. A "wildcard" will be the timing of China's reopening, which could determine if the Thai economy comes "back in full swing," Chua said.

(05-09-2022, 06:11 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Plse read the article I posted earlier.

Phillipines will grow 6% even if US is zero or in mild recession. Malaysia and Indonesia economjes are enjoying a good sustainable run as commodity prices are good. Vietnam is enjoying record levels of foreign investments. The Thai economy which sank due to political protests and covid19 is roaring back.

China US and Europe are not in good shape but each has its own unique problems. These problems are desync  and have dragged on for 1-2yrs already.

The Dow index fell 1000pts followed by 5 out of 6 days of heavy losses. Yet the STI is flat, the Indonesian Index went up to hit new highs....so long as the troubles do not lead to sudden collapse..We should be okay in this region

If yr analysis can be trusted, everyone are millionaires here !!! Rotfl

Smile
[+] 2 users Like Niubee's post

(05-09-2022, 08:56 PM)Niubee Wrote:  If yr analysis can be trusted, everyone are millionaires here !!!  Rotfl

Quote of the Day !

Gesti-109
[+] 2 users Like Manthink's post

(05-09-2022, 08:29 PM)Scythian Wrote:  KEY POINTS

Economists told CNBC that Singapore and Thailand will most likely be the first to be hit if the U.S. heads into recession.

Thailand will also be one of the first to be impacted due to its heavy reliance on tourism. A "wildcard" will be the timing of China's reopening, which could determine if the Thai economy comes "back in full swing," Chua said.

No one can really escape if Us did badly, especially our financial and few service sectors are very very dependent of Us economy.
World financial already in turbulence, so we cannot be optimistic.

(06-09-2022, 01:06 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  No one can really escape if Us did badly, especially our financial and few service sectors are very very dependent of Us economy.
World financial already in turbulence, so we cannot be optimistic.

44,000 US corporations will shrink it's operations and cut production in Singapore

Thus, Retrenchment is expected

(05-09-2022, 06:11 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Plse read the article I posted earlier.

China US and Europe are not in good shape but each has its own unique problems. These problems are desync  and have dragged on for 1-2yrs already.

you see
after china deng xi peng  and russia Mikhail Gorbachev
the world see a new  heaven on earth never see before 
china wanted the open up
eastern Europe wanted the open up
germany wanted to unite peacefully and see their bros and sis on the other side of the wall
russia Mikhail Gorbachev made it happened by tearing down the wall

china deng xi peng wanted unification peaceful and democratically on both china

the west open up it prosperity to the east where everyone can enjoy

those were the heaven on earth

but heaven on earth is short live
cause Hitler diseases, we thought died with Hitler, resurfaced and spread

it spread to russia and china

so now the games of prosperity change 

now it is killing the devil and the beast era

How  Singapore avoid a recession?