Ahead of Blinken’s Beijing visit, Sg urges the U.S. and China to stave off conflict

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/12/singapor...flict.html

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

野猫论政 679:美国制裁31家中国企业,布林肯来不来已经失去意义

Just humiliate him in Beijing... just a white dog !

Smile

Singapore leaders make alot of sense here.
If the 2 powers work together and are aligned like Europe and US when US was a rising power the world will benefit.

However nationalistic tendency prevents both sides from working with each other and towards toxicity of relations.

There are however real fears

1. US fears the emergence of China will be a threat to its dominance and translate to a loss in economic and military influence. This has implications k  its values and culture.

2. China fears the threat to its internal security given the number of dictatorships and non democratic regimes have have failed in past decades.. These range from Soviet Union to Libya to Iraq. Because of this it befriends Iran and Russia...and north Korea.

Because both countries are entrenched in fears the relationship is deteriorating. US uses trade sanctions and control of tech.to contain China. China promotes dedollarisation to undermine US economic influence.
Both side use propaganda to promote hatred of each other among their citizens

The toxic  behavior of leadership from.both side is a big disappointment. It endangers the rest of us. Money is wasted in the military arms race due to instability caused.

Hong Swee Keat is from a small country called Sjngapore and calls them out ....

[Image: 2qevq7x.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(13-06-2023, 11:35 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Singapore leaders make alot of sense here.

Assmerica just sanctioned another 31 Chinese companies. 

Is this China's fault?

Should China kneel down and beg for mercy and forgiveness?  Thinking Rotfl