Scammers from Australia tried to trick me - this is what happened...

They called me everyday over a few days ...
I told them I was not interested but they kept calling back using different numbers.

Here is how the scam works

1. They will say they got your number because you sign up for some trading account.

2. Then they say they have experts, analysts who can help me to make 20% return a month. ...I need top up my account etc.

By this time, I cut them off and tell them to fly kite.....

[Image: rtk60Wr.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(01-02-2023, 08:46 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  They called me everyday over a few days ...
I told them I was not interested but they kept calling back using different numbers.

1. They will say they got your number because you sign up for some trading account.

2. Then they say they have experts, analysts who can help me to make 20% return a month. ...I need top up my account etc.

You have done the right thing.............it is a bloody nuisance.............. Angry

why you even bother to listen to them?

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(01-02-2023, 09:00 PM)wendychan Wrote:  why you even bother to listen to them?

If you hang up the call they think are busy and try again.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

dont even bother answering.
or just say hello, when hear the "voice" cut the line

(01-02-2023, 09:36 PM)wendychan Wrote:  dont even bother answering.
or just say hello, when hear the "voice" cut the line

They need to do their pitch then you reject them...this will cause them to delete the prospect until they come out with new scam and try again.

Cutting them off after hello means you are still a prospect and they will keep trying....i did that and they called again.

then dont answer. let it ring and ring and ring and ring

you answer so you can post here and tell story?

(01-02-2023, 08:46 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  They called me everyday over a few days ...

U should tell them that u r the best reverse indicator. U can help them make 100%.  Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(01-02-2023, 10:04 PM)winbig Wrote:  U should tell them that u r the best reverse indicator. U can help them make 100%.  Laughing

Now you even scammers you also plp ah? Times must be bad

crying
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

They speak with Ozzie or CECA accent? Beri unusual to to have amdk scammers and as we know the caller ID no is usually fake.

I just tell them I’m one of the TOP trading guru in sgtalk after that they never call me again 

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cwc29's post

Why bother to answer them?  Put into vibrator mode. Let it ring. Don't pick up the call. The overseas prefix no. will tell you that it is likely a scammer call unless you are expecting an overseas call from friends. Even local call with "65" in front I also don't unswer them. Only nos. I am familiar with I will answer.

Received such calls with angmoh accent before. Just tell them you had fully invested, no more money left and they'll stop calling you.

I have received an overseas message from whatsapp. I have not read the message. I intend to delete the msg without reading them. How do I delete the message? I could not find any delete function key. Anyone know how I can delete the msg.

(02-02-2023, 12:29 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  I have received an overseas message from whatsapp. I have not read the message. I intend to delete the msg without reading them. How do I delete the message? I could not find any delete function key. Anyone know how I can delete the msg.

Use your thumb sweep right to left on the message you need to delete after you saw Archive and More click “more” and scroll down until you saw delete chat click “delete chat” and exist the group..  my iPhone others phone l not sure same or not 

Big Grin

funny you still can pick up the call.

I got is from UK, Is a trading company.

(02-02-2023, 01:25 AM)cwc29 Wrote:  Use your thumb sweep right to left on the message you need to delete after you saw Archive and More click “more” and scroll down until you saw delete chat click “delete chat” and exist the group..  my iPhone others phone l not sure same or not 

Big Grin

Mine not IPhone.

press and hold on the message, a bin will appear, just click on it

I did receive a call a couple of years ago by amdk who said he was a god given sent angel to me to help me with my investments out of the blue. 

Usually when I can spare the time I will play with them for my amusement.  After his koyok spiel which lasted a good 3 mins, I told him if his girlfriend willing to do anal, 3P, tarma, cim, painting as part of the deal then I will consider. 

He hung up.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Me too received a WhatsApp message from an Australian HR company saying that they got my resume and tried to offer me a $600K per annum job. I replied that I will take the job if the salary is double of that offered. So far, no response yet... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Just tell them you are from Nigeria