Today a lot Hawker foods increase price?

I just saw people post update around price increase again

yes, my hokkien mee up from $4.50 to $5 from today

Shop with Health Shop !
https://iherb.co/BeaDs49

Many foreigners have become hawkers these days as it's reasonably lucrative. CCP stalls are manned mostly by Malaysians.

Local SG citizens are given some form of compensation while foreigners are not entitled. 
To make  up for their "loss", they jack up prices fiercely to make good.

The authorities have to seriously look into unjustifiable price increases IMMEDIATELY before it gets out of hand.
[+] 1 user Likes hansamu's post

(01-01-2024, 12:27 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Many foreigners have become hawkers these days as it's reasonably lucrative. CCP stalls are manned mostly by Malaysians.

Local SG citizens are given some form of compensation while foreigners are not entitled. 

The authorities have to seriously look into unjustifiable price increases IMMEDIATELY before it gets out of hand.

they already knew yrs ago 
but choose to remain deaf n blind
so give up yr hope

(01-01-2024, 12:27 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Many foreigners have become hawkers these days as it's reasonably lucrative. CCP stalls are manned mostly by Malaysians.

You have a good point there, the sentence in red.

They know we are an Eat Out country, and even the women don't know how to fry an egg, so we won't switch to home cooked food.   Some might try for a few days or weeks, but eventually give up when their cooking sucks, and also when they realize that it is not easy to cook a few dishes just for one or two peepur (too much work compared with just going downstairs to eat at the coffee shop).

They know that we will kpkb but still form a queue to buy, and suck thumb along...

No one single hawker is a monopoly but as a group, they are monopolists.  Singaporeans, you take it or leave it.  Ai jiu kio mai jiu bo.  As simpur as that.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

Price increased 3 months ago

One coffee shop sells plain french fries $3.50

2 Months ago the price and name change to Cheese fries went up to $5.50

that is 57% increase.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

[Image: giphy-4-1.gif]

[Image: 0YOea42.gif]

PAP induced inflation. cannot complain becoz 61% voted for them

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.
[+] 1 user Likes Rainforest's post

😭😭😭😡 knn

(01-01-2024, 01:45 PM)Rainforest Wrote:  PAP induced inflation. cannot complain becoz 61% voted for them

PAP induced all these inflation just to avoid recession. But why so afraid of recession? If everything keeps going up then it's a bubble.
[+] 2 users Like winbig's post

(01-01-2024, 01:56 PM)winbig Wrote:  PAP induced all these inflation just to avoid recession. But why so afraid of recession? If everything keeps going up then it's a bubble.

PAP scare tactics
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(01-01-2024, 01:56 PM)winbig Wrote:  PAP induced all these inflation just to avoid recession. But why so afraid of recession? If everything keeps going up then it's a bubble.
u sure scared of recession?

for some, we already in recession long time ago la

imho, increase gdp so that some kpi tie to $$ can increase..... the rest is least important

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.
[+] 1 user Likes Rainforest's post

Since officially no recession, it is justifiable to subsidise  and extend more payments to citizens. 

Majullah Singapura!!
[+] 1 user Likes hansamu's post

Gesti-109

I gave you 3 Repu Points!! 

PAP has been using imported Population to grow GDP for many years

Which is supported by Induced Inflation to grow GDP 

And they use Currency Appreciation to offset the imported high cost of food and non-food items to fatten NTUC profits

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Govt increase 1% GST to 9%.

Hawker stalls increase by 25%  One example is #01-50 Toa Payoh Hawker Centre.  31 Dec 2023 is $1.20 curry puff.  1 Jan 2014 now $1.50

I asked why the steep increase.  The aunty's reply?  Everybody need to Huat wat.... Fcuk!  I will not be going to this stall again.  The curry puff also small and very little fillings huan Sad

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like p1acebo's post

(01-01-2024, 02:45 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Govt increase 1% GST to 9%.

Hawker stalls increase by 25%  One example is #01-50 Toa Payoh Hawker Centre.  31 Dec 2023 is $1.20 curry puff.  1 Jan 2014 now $1.50

I asked why the steep increase.  The aunty's reply?  Everybody need to Huat wat.... Fcuk!  I will not be going to this stall again.  The curry puff also small and very little fillings huan Sad

61% naive people people think that increase is only 1%, mah

And they also think that the price will drop back

Or some think that their salary will increase by 8% or 10% this year to offset the Multiplier Effects

[+] 2 users Like Ola's post