Singapore Airlines prices US$600m notes due 2029 at 3.375%

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/compani...29-at-3375

Airline is just digging a hole and this hole gets bigger and bigger.

It needs to fill up the hole first then be able to create value for shareholders.

Will be q poor investment for many many years.

I find the hotel business much better model. They could cut cost scale down rapidly once pandemic hit and hold out...so long as there is enough business to pay interest on their debt.

The airlines seem to have a lot of costs ...to maintain.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

CPF management should subscribe the whole issue and made a handsome profit margin of 3.375% - 2.5% = 0.875%

Easily
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

A desperate SIA is on the streets while...

GIC happily taken $$$ from reserves

no retail investors will subscribe
it is a bottomless pit.

SIa will raise more fund if the covid 19 continue. No productivity and continue to waste current

I wouldn't lend money to SIA at 3.375%. Or twice that interest.

There's no guarantee that sg govt will always bail SIA out. Already, Thai airways, garuda and Malaysia airlines have been left out to dry by their respective governments.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

(13-01-2022, 02:53 PM)starbugs Wrote:  I wouldn't lend money to SIA at 3.375%. Or twice that interest.

There's no guarantee that sg govt will always bail SIA out. Already, Thai airways, garuda and Malaysia airlines have been left out to dry by their respective governments.

"The executives confirmed that Tata is simultaneously in talks with Singapore Airlines on integrating the schedules of the two full-service airlines Vistara and Air India."

Note
As minority part of Air India, SIA has to inject capital..
How much is your guess?

(13-01-2022, 02:53 PM)starbugs Wrote:  I wouldn't lend money to SIA at 3.375%. Or twice that interest.

LKY ALREADY SAID HE CAN ABANDON SIA BUT NOT CHANGI AIRPORT.

THESE 4 G ARE BETTER THAN LKY ????

Who should be investing in SIA note?

CPF management using CPF members $$$
GIC and Temasrk using reserves
MAS using Exchange surplus

Very good ROI

(13-01-2022, 02:56 PM)Scythian Wrote:  "The executives confirmed that Tata is simultaneously in talks with Singapore Airlines on integrating the schedules of the two full-service airlines Vistara and Air India."

Note
As minority part of Air India, SIA has to inject capital..
How much $$$ to put in is your guess?

A sore thumb

Last Yr bond so fast use up already similar to SMM....Will SMM this Yr come out right cum bond issue again ?

(14-01-2022, 05:23 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  Last Yr bond so fast use up already similar to SMM....Will SMM this Yr come out right cum bond issue again ?

Lately, SIA got into alot if troubles

It will take a long long time for SIA to nurse back to former health

Specially, Singapore Girl turned aged pensioner

Such fixed income securities are for pension funds, mutual funds not for the man on the street.

delta knocked them out
asked father mother for cash
then slowly they thought can climb back
then omicron tells them to sleep again
this time ask brother sister friends for cash

can notes default?

$600m can't even last them till 2023 if covid condition don't ease... Don't talk about maturity date 2029...

(15-01-2022, 05:44 PM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  can notes default?

of course can. they buy is becos of gic n th  not becos of sia girls!!