Has Singapore's education failed the Malay Community?

https://www.domainofexperts.com/2018/02/...malay.html

Malays have been getting heavily subsidized education and lots of bursaries for them not only in schools but also outside. There is no excuse.
[+] 2 users Like goodboy's post

malays get the education they voted for, I don't want to hear any more complaints

Past few years I attend my dotters award ceremony for good grades conducted by RC. Now alot of brown colour also go take so they coming up fast. Not sure about the Msia brown colour though.

(12-05-2024, 12:52 PM)sgh Wrote:  Past few years I attend my dotters award ceremony for good grades conducted by RC. Now alot of brown colour also go take so they coming up fast. Not sure about the Msia brown colour though.

Same here.. edusave award… got many malays… it’s good, keep it up!

(12-05-2024, 01:04 PM)goodboy Wrote:  Same here.. edusave award… got many malays… it’s good, keep it up!

They should count themselves lucky to be living and studying in Spore instead of Msia. I don't see them being marginalized at all in Spore! In contrast look at the Chinese and Indians in Msia see their treatment.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(11-05-2024, 05:43 PM)goodboy Wrote:  Malays have been getting heavily subsidized education and lots of bursaries for them not only in schools but also outside. There is no excuse.

In Malaysia, even the Malay Govt realised that their own community is simply unable to compete with the other races on a level-playing field, so they have been given them a leg up through Affirmative Action i.e. institutionalised racism, which has resulted in the brain drain of the minority races out of the country. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot.
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(12-05-2024, 01:09 PM)sgh Wrote:  They should count themselves lucky to be living and studying in Spore instead of Msia. I don't see them being marginalized at all in Spore! In contrast look at the Chinese and Indians in Msia see their treatment.

Former Malaysian PM Abdullah Badawi once said that the Malays have grown weak from relying on crutches and many needed wheelchairs because of handouts. Today, many Malays across the Causeway are being carried around on stretchers. 

(12-05-2024, 01:30 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Former Malaysian PM Abdullah Badawi once said that the Malays have grown weak from relying on crutches and many needed wheelchairs because of handouts. Today, the many Malays across the Causeway are being carried around on stretchers. 

The same mindset is playing in our own govt heads of keep helping those jobless and feed them. Jobless insist is FT that snatch their rice bowl hence cannot find job etc so the debate continues.

Malays are unable to compete with the other races in S'pore in a meritocracy, but Chinese and Indians continue to overcome the odds in Malaysia where there is open racial discrimination in education and career advancement in the public sector in favour of the Malays.
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(12-05-2024, 01:32 PM)sgh Wrote:  The same mindset is playing in our own govt heads of keep helping those jobless and feed them. Jobless insist is FT that snatch their rice bowl hence cannot find job etc so the debate continues.

Instead of working hard to join the 20% staying in private housing and 11% who own cars, the masses keep whining about not being able to afford either or both these possessions.

(12-05-2024, 01:32 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Malays are unable to compete with the other races in S'pore in a meritocracy, but Chinese and Indians continue to overcome the odds in Malaysia where there is open racial discrimination in education and career advancement in the public sector in favour of the Malays.

One way is to let Msian Chinese and Indians also serve NS so got more bargaining power with the brown colour race. Now the brown colour looks down on Chinese and Indians accusing them of no patriotism only die their sons but not the minority races sons.

(12-05-2024, 01:34 PM)sgh Wrote:  One way is to let Msian Chinese and Indians also serve NS so got more bargaining power with the brown colour race. Now the brown colour looks down on Chinese and Indians accusing them of no patriotism only die their sons but not the minority races sons.

The Malay politicians across the Causeway are one-trick ponies who only know how to play the race card to demonise the Chinese and Indians whom they fear and abhor.

(12-05-2024, 01:44 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The Malay politicians across the Causeway are one-trick ponies who only know how to play the race card to demonise the Chinese and Indians whom they fear and abhor.

Wah!

So racist.

I doubt so. Last time I used to study part time. Got this malay school mate he is dam smart. Look at the Malays now , a lot are doing business themselves.

(12-05-2024, 01:51 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I doubt so. Last time I used to study part time. Got this malay school mate he is dam smart. Look at the Malays now , a lot are doing business themselves.

Sweeping generalisation based on one school mate. LOL!

(12-05-2024, 01:48 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Wah! So racist.

I gather that you seldom/never read the news in any form.

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/...olls/71699

who did they / you vote for???????????????????????????????????????????????????

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(12-05-2024, 01:48 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Wah! So racist.

Former Malaysian PM Abdullah Badawi bravely spoke out as the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) President to the UMNO general assembly in 2004 where he stated: “Let us not use the crutches for support all the time, the knee will become weak”. And then continued using this term. However, he lacked the support/initiative or courage to do anything about NEP. NATO = No Action. Talk Only. 

(12-05-2024, 01:51 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I doubt so. Last time I used to study part time. Got this malay school mate he is dam smart. Look at the Malays now , a lot are doing business themselves.

Many Malay real estate agents have become very successful. Bought landed property and owning 2 or 3 luxury cars.

(13-05-2024, 11:54 AM)goodboy Wrote:  Many Malay real estate agents have become very successful. Bought landed property and owning 2 or 3 luxury cars.

There cannot be sweeping generalisations made about any ethnic group. Not all Chinese are successful, intelligent, rich or driven.